todays the day i can apply for a reduction on my driving bann 36month bann 24months today

Convicted Driver Insurance

shaneyjack

hi all hope all is well.today is the day I can apply for a reduction on my driving bann I recieved a 36 month bann for my 2nd bann in 10 year last bann was 9years ago yes 1 year short of ten total joke.first bann was for failing to provide a specimen recieved 12month bann .this 2nd ban was for a dg10 I recieved 36month bann. I'm just wondering if any body can help me as to what to put in the email to the courts I've worked all way through the pandemic for local council grass cutting kept my head down stayed owt of trouble paid my fine also I've contacted the dvla and theve said I'm not classed as a HRO because it's not 2 drink driving bans. I got my boss at council to write me a character reference and I need my license to get full time work with these in writing

hi all hope all is well.today is the day I can apply for a reduction on my driving bann I recieved a 36 month bann for my 2nd bann in 10 year last bann was 9years ago yes 1 year short of ten total joke.first bann was for failing to provide a specimen recieved 12month bann .this 2nd ban was for a dg10 I recieved 36month bann. I'm just wondering if any body can help me as to what to put in the email to the courts I've worked all way through the pandemic for local council grass cutting kept my head down stayed owt of trouble paid my fine also I've contacted the dvla and theve said I'm not classed as a HRO because it's not 2 drink driving bans. I got my boss at council to write me a character reference and I need my license to get full time work with these in writing
Not sure what you can write in your application, but reading other posts on this forum indicate that the reason for reducing the ban has to be very significant.

Just because it makes it easier for you to get to work or would help you get a better job is not necessarily a reason to reduce the ban. Even people who have been going for cancer treatment and been dependent on lifts or public transport have not gotten it back early just because it would make life easier for them. The court will ask questions such why you cannot keep doing what you are already doing to get around and work. Sometimes it just depends on the Magistrate or Sheriff and their attitude towards drink and drug driving.

It is also highly probable that it will appear in the local press and and your first ban for Drink Driving may well be mentioned and your DG10 for Drug Driving will be referenced.

Have a look at this page on the forum for additional information and advice.

I agree with Luna2000, you have not indicated any good reason in what has been written here for the court to give you your licence back early.
They will want to know what you have done with your life to prevent a further offence, and what the benefit to others will be from you getting your licence back early, not just what is more convenient for you.

Have to agree here, you need to show the court how you getting your licence back will benefit others not how it will benefit you. You getting full time work is not a reason to be granted a reduction on your ban. Proof of having to drive a sick family member to appointments, how it will aid in your (if you have one) child's growth and development or how you gaining your licence will provide job opportunities to others such as being a tradesman and being able to take on a crew and provide them employment if you can get back on the road. You've presented no reason in this post for the magistrate to grant you a reduction. The ban is supposed to be a punishment, going to the court and saying I want my licence back to get a better job for myself won't be entertained.

Have to say (write?) it seems very dependant on who hears the appeal - much like sentences I guess. The gist of my solicitors appeal was that I live in a smallish town and couldn't find a job in my industry without a reallllly long public transport journey. Other stuff too obviously, not just that. Don't want to get peoples hopes up though.

Yes keep us updated
will do guy
Have to say (write?) it seems very dependant on who hears the appeal - much like sentences I guess. The gist of my solicitors appeal was that I live in a smallish town and couldn't find a job in my industry without a reallllly long public transport journey. Other stuff too obviously, not just that. Don't want to get peoples hopes up though.
what do u mean pal

I'll say it again - not being able to find work in (my ) profession was viewed favourably by the court.

hi all .quick update on my situation on the above. its been nearly 4weeks since I sent my email to the court regarding my letter to judge no reply from them yet and I've rang court up today to find owt if anything has happened since my application.got through to a women on phone i enquiried to her of she could find owt anything on my case and guess what they could not find my email I sent on 4September even though I got a application receipt of court the day i emailed em.. yes total joke again on court side.
I was told to resend the original email again while I was on phone n guess what I sent it again and wala they received it so I wasn't happy n told em best sort it women has now sent my application through to legal team to make a decision. was told to expect email back by friday so fingers crossed .
women on phone looked at my application and said it's looking good on my side with my application.
will keep your all informed peeps

Not sure what you can write in your application, but reading other posts on this forum indicate that the reason for reducing the ban has to be very significant.

Just because it makes it easier for you to get to work or would help you get a better job is not necessarily a reason to reduce the ban. Even people who have been going for cancer treatment and been dependent on lifts or public transport have not gotten it back early just because it would make life easier for them. The court will ask questions such why you cannot keep doing what you are already doing to get around and work. Sometimes it just depends on the Magistrate or Sheriff and their attitude towards drink and drug driving.

It is also highly probable that it will appear in the local press and and your first ban for Drink Driving may well be mentioned and your DG10 for Drug Driving will be referenced.

Have a look at this page on the forum for additional information and advice.

They're only the "Butcher , Baker, and Candlestick maker with one in the middle who's a Narcissist , all I'd do and they love it , is I'm desperately remorseful and words can't say it enough "Me Lord/Lady ( don't forget that bit , they love a feeling over making you like The Big Book step " Admit yourself you are powerless over THE BENCH " ,no way will they put that in front of a DJ or Recorder , Please , and Sorry , and If I had Michael J Foxs car ,I'd change that evening ,,, good luck m8

They're only the "Butcher , Baker, and Candlestick maker with one in the middle who's a Narcissist , all I'd do and they love it , is I'm desperately remorseful and words can't say it enough "Me Lord/Lady ( don't forget that bit , they love a feeling over making you like The Big Book step " Admit yourself you are powerless over THE BENCH " ,no way will they put that in front of a DJ or Recorder , Please , and Sorry , and If I had Michael J Foxs car ,I'd change that evening ,,, good luck m8
The vast majority of people are , quite rightly, very sorry and of course the court will want to hear this ! Magistrates will listen and take mitigation into account , but they are governed by sentencing guidelines.

The vast majority of people are , quite rightly, very sorry and of course the court will want to hear this ! Magistrates will listen and take mitigation into account , but they are governed by sentencing guidelines.
What do you mean sentencing guidelines from the original sentence?

What do you mean sentencing guidelines from the original sentence?
Sorry everyone. Confused.com 😂. I was overlooking the stage of the process the poster was at : thought it was sentencing. Fact remains they will want expressions of remorse , and no one on here doesn’t regret it , and hopefully a sympathetic hearing will be given .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off