To anyone having problems with the dvla

• Thread starter Deleted member 11354
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 11354

Hi all,

Iv posted a couple of times about my issue with the dvla getting my licence back after a 12 month disqualification for drink driving. My ban ends on 31 july. I sent my licence off at the beginning of June and then found out the dire situation at the dvla. I was so upset to hear it could be ten weeks or more for me to get my licence back. I contacted my local Mp who also happens to be Boris Johnson. Yesterday I received a letter from Boris saying he would contact the head of the dvla on my behalf. This morning I have received a call from the dvla saying they have received the letter from my mp, they apologised and said they will process my application immediately. I am so happy! I have been trying for weeks to even speak to someone at the dvla - no one answers, the web chat is operated by bots. So anyone who is in the same position as me try and contact your mp!

In other words everyone this was a way to jump the queue and you should try it but not everyone as if they did DVLA couldn’t keep bumping everyone up and they would then have to go back to the system of when they received the applications which is a pisstake but fairer than bojo helping out convicted criminals.

In other words everyone this was a way to jump the queue and you should try it but not everyone as if they did DVLA couldn’t keep bumping everyone up and they would then have to go back to the system of when they received the applications which is a pisstake but fairer than bojo helping out convicted criminals.
Lol rude but ok 😂

And what is actually a pisstake is the the dvla which is a government agency which is why mps can get involved. Why are you even on this forum? You sound like an absolute bellend

Hi all,

Iv posted a couple of times about my issue with the dvla getting my licence back after a 12 month disqualification for drink driving. My ban ends on 31 july. I sent my licence off at the beginning of June and then found out the dire situation at the dvla. I was so upset to hear it could be ten weeks or more for me to get my licence back. I contacted my local Mp who also happens to be Boris Johnson. Yesterday I received a letter from Boris saying he would contact the head of the dvla on my behalf. This morning I have received a call from the dvla saying they have received the letter from my mp, they apologised and said they will process my application immediately. I am so happy! I have been trying for weeks to even speak to someone at the dvla - no one answers, the web chat is operated by bots. So anyone who is in the same position as me try an
In other words everyone this was a way to jump the queue and you should try it but not everyone as if they did DVLA couldn’t keep bumping everyone up and they would then have to go back to the system of when they received the applications which is a pisstake but fairer than bojo helping out convicted
Hi all,

Iv posted a couple of times about my issue with the dvla getting my licence back after a 12 month disqualification for drink driving. My ban ends on 31 july. I sent my licence off at the beginning of June and then found out the dire situation at the dvla. I was so upset to hear it could be ten weeks or more for me to get my licence back. I contacted my local Mp who also happens to be Boris Johnson. Yesterday I received a letter from Boris saying he would contact the head of the dvla on my behalf. This morning I have received a call from the dvla saying they have received the letter from my mp, they apologised and said they will process my application immediately. I am so happy! I have been trying for weeks to even speak to someone at the dvla - no one answers, the web chat is operated by bots. So anyone who is in the same position as me try and contac
Lol rude but ok 😂
It was rude and not at all OK in my book . I’m really glad that the intervention led to a result for you but it is farcical. They keep telling me that I’m in a work queue. My ban ended a month ago. They obviously regard the work queue response as sufficient by way of explanation , so why does an MP intervention generate action and a phone call ( I rarely get a reply !) when their treatment of you was standard . I’ve been waiting for them to ring and apologise to me all day 😂. I’d also add that I’m a convicted offender too , but I’m very clear that this does not negate my right to an efficient and equitable service so it’s quite appropriate that an MP would intervene when the Government Dept in question is a total shambles . Unfortunately it is a shambles that successive governments have presided over , and the supposed covid impact is a red herring.

Good for you though . Result . Thanks for sharing .

This isn’t real. Absolute fiction.

Add some screenshots and I will believe but I’m sure Boris hasn’t got much going on atm to call the DVLA on your behalf lol 😂

Add some screenshots and I will believe but I’m sure Boris hasn’t got much going on atm to call the DVLA on your behalf lol 😂
Ok

It was rude and not at all OK in my book . I’m really glad that the intervention led to a result for you but it is farcical. They keep telling me that I’m in a work queue. My ban ended a month ago. They obviously regard the work queue response as sufficient by way of explanation , so why does an MP intervention generate action and a phone call ( I rarely get a reply !) when their treatment of you was standard . I’ve been waiting for them to ring and apologise to me all day 😂. I’d also add that I’m a convicted offender too , but I’m very clear that this does not negate my right to an efficient and equitable service so it’s quite appropriate that an MP would intervene when the Government Dept in question is a total shambles . Unfortunately it is a shambles that successive governments have presided over , and the supposed covid impact is a red herring.

Honestly contact your local mp. Someone told me to do this also which is why I did, I am a critical worker so I’m not sure if this is why.. we are all convicted but we have done our time and bans and we deserve our licences back just like everyone else does. The problem is the dvla and the situation there at the moment is absolutely awful, I was really distressed reading comments from people saying they have been waiting 3 or more months so I just tried to be proactive l. I didn’t even expect a response at all so was pleasantly surprised.

BJ is a local MP with responsibilities to his constituents.

Polly - my ban ended end of May. We’re all in the same boat.

Serious about the screenshots then I will believe this !

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off