Thoughts on my chances??

Convicted Driver Insurance
It can be done .. I have just got mine for 12 months .. not easy though. Have you had an M2 sent to your doctor ? And have they called you in to address it ?
No I’ve not spoke to my nueologist since July and next meeting is January. My gp contacted me once 3 years ago Cos they had seen I had been to A and E but my only contact since has been my nuelogist and that’s who the dvla wrote to prior to the medical

I accept you say you have not drank for 3 weeks .. the alarm bells will ring for the DVLA that you are still drinking and have been in the last 12 months . Which with the incorrect amount my well result in a blackout .. they (the DVLA ) should tell people what they expect prior to application so one can prepare but they don't .. I think you will be told to do X Y and Z for the next 22 months then reply it's not until you get to where you have got to know that they show there hand so to speak .. as had they written and told you that process you could have prepared more

yeah the procedure isn’t the best. My doctor has never told me to stop drinking just cut down which I have done so I’m following her advice and she can back that up to them. She hasn’t told me to cut down at all in the last year. That was one of the questions on the form I answered no to

No I’ve not spoke to my nueologist since July and next meeting is January. My gp contacted me once 3 years ago Cos they had seen I had been to A and E but my only contact since has been my nuelogist and that’s who the dvla wrote to prior to the medical
Ok .. well I'm hoping that my knowledge is incorrect on this but I think it's a 12 month revoke and what ever stipulations they require from you within that period to proceed .. if I'm wrong and your CDT is low and they decide not to revoke the next thing they will request is an M2 which they send your GP and you attend there .. it's a questionnaire basically about your drinking and metal health etc and a very brief medical .. they seem to have no particular path they follow (the DVLA ) other then to lead you down the garden path and make it harder and harder to get your DL back .. do not see you doctor for depression for this as you will be shooting yourself in the foot further .. you have to prove that your fit

yeah the procedure isn’t the best. My doctor has never told me to stop drinking just cut down which I have done so I’m following her advice and she can back that up to them. She hasn’t told me to cut down at all in the last year. That was one of the questions on the form I answered no to
I would advice writing to the DVLA and request the information held against you .. they have 30 days to do this by law so 40 day allowing for postal etc you should be in receipt of what info they have on file re yourself .. the reason I suggest you do this is so your fully aware of everything they have . .. they includes from yourself your GP and your Neurologist .. as forewarned is forearmed

Ok .. well I'm hoping that my knowledge is incorrect on this but I think it's a 12 month revoke and what ever stipulations they require from you within that period to proceed .. if I'm wrong and your CDT is low and they decide not to revoke the next thing they will request is an M2 which they send your GP and you attend there .. it's a questionnaire basically about your drinking and metal health etc and a very brief medical .. they seem to have no particular path they follow (the DVLA ) other then to lead you down the garden path and make it harder and harder to get your DL back .. do not see you doctor for depression for this as you will be shooting yourself in the foot further .. you have to prove that your fit

Cheers for the info I hope your judgment is wrong to but it’s just a waiting game now

My only hope is that the amount I told the dvla I drink is the same as I told my doctor . So if she’s telling them similar information and she’s still saying she’s happy for me to drive then that’s got to count for something

My only hope is that the amount I told the dvla I drink is the same as I told my doctor . So if she’s telling them similar information and she’s still saying she’s happy for me to drive then that’s got to count for something
You can also request your CDT level if they have not given you it ? Sometimes they do release it others you have to ask .. because your still drinking is going to be your biggest obstickle .. 44 months was my ban nearly 8 years before I got it in my hand after a few revokes and few other offenses for continuing driving .. but im now legal so stay positive and keep working at it .. should you fail and they revoke you do have the right to appeal with the medical teams behind you that will massively help you

You can also request your CDT level if they have not given you it ? Sometimes they do release it others you have to ask .. because your still drinking is going to be your biggest obstickle .. 44 months was my ban nearly 8 years before I got it in my hand after a few revokes and few other offenses for continuing driving .. but im now legal so stay positive and keep working at it .. should you fail and they revoke you do have the right to appeal with the medical teams behind you that will massively help you

Did you have seizures or were you banned for how much you drank?

I was revoked for misuse/dependance for admitting to drinking 30 units a week.....

I reckon my limits will be lower than the normal person because of the seizures. My 10-12 units a week would not be a concern for any person not having alcohol related seizures as it’s within the 14 units a week guidelines. However my limits are probably lower than that .

aye I’ll wait the now. I highly doubt it’s been analysed yet since the medical was yesterday. But I’ll defos email in a couple weeks
They analyse and process it within 4 days they have too or the sample goes off .. they won't tell you that but it's a fact .. hence you can't have a medical on a bank holiday because the blood goes off

Got an update today . This time they want me to go for a urine test for any illicit drugs despite me not having taken anything in past 2 years. I have no idea whether I should take this as a positive that they haven’t just rejected me after the first medical or whether it’s irrelevant and it’s just another test they want done. This must be the most long process ever. And you’ll likely get to the end of it and be told no anyway

Got an update today . This time they want me to go for a urine test for any illicit drugs despite me not having taken anything in past 2 years. I have no idea whether I should take this as a positive that they haven’t just rejected me after the first medical or whether it’s irrelevant and it’s just another test they want done. This must be the most long process ever. And you’ll likely get to the end of it and be told no anyway
Take it as a positive .. anything ongoing is a positive with the DVLA .. And if of no worry to you if it's 2 years ..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off