Think I may be going to prison..

Convicted Driver Insurance
Polly

When I did my own CS, I worked briefly with another lad on CS - let's call him Ben (not his real name).

Ben was a decent lad coming to the end of his CS - he had been convicted of benefit fraud by the DWP (the exact circumstances are his own affair). He disclosed to me he had been out on a 'fun bus' at the start of his CS with some others and two of the bus members decided to smoke cannabis during a tea break.

When the CS supervisor smelt the evidence - he threatened to breach the whole gang unless the culprits owned up (they didn't!). Understandably, Ben and the other people in the gang were reluctant to point out the culprits due to possible reprisals.

Ben fought his corner when challenged by his Case Manager and luckily he was re-allocated a placement at the community centre where I was working to complete his time.

My original post, was to emphasise that the community payback placements are generally risk assessed and most of us who fall into the drink driving club should be deemed worthy of placements in more 'suitable' environments.

The 'chain gang' placements can be fraut with problems as I have highlighted and sadly a small number of those assigned to CS don't want to address the error of their ways. Thankfully, those individuals don't get allocated placements at charity shops or community centres!

I am not stereotyping here - my own CS was a rewarding experience and I was able to keep my head down in a good environment around genuine people. Sadly, the 'fun bus' placements can sometimes present precarious situations for those who simply want to get on with their hours with the minimum of fuss.

CJ
I don’t think I disagreed with you at all. I have a detailed knowledge of unpaid work/ community punishment/ cvs also.

I don't think the poster needs to know about people's story's of the fun bus and chain gangs so forth, they can deal with that if and when it happens which isn't nailed on, I think their worried enough without all this tak.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off