The Whole Experience

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hey, we have all made stupid mistakes.
It won’t seem like it, but you appear to have been incredibly lucky.
I blew 124, but wasn’t caught driving. I was asleep in my car. I didn’t damage anybody, or any thing.
I got 30 months ban and 200 hours of community service, and a 16 week rehabitation course.
It would appear that sentencing is just a lottery.
The 200 hours of community service meant I worked 7 days a week for months, doing weekends in a charity shop, whilst maintaining a full time job. My previos job never found out about the conviction, but it was very stressful hoping that they did not find out. My current job know all about it, but they don’t care. My family, wife, friends all stood by me, but I’ve missed being able to take my wife to the hospital when she needed it, my dog to the vets before she died, and my daughter moving out to her new house. I missed family holidays to do the CS hours. It makes you feel useless.
The time does actually fly. I’m 18 months into my 23 (reduced) ban, and should get my invite to apply for my HRO medical at the end of January. I could be back on the road by end of April if the DVLA medical doesn’t go wrong. My medichecks result for CDT is 0.5.

Please, nobody, be talking about suicide. It is *absolutely* a shit time being banned. And the fear of court in the first place is terrifying. But it isn’t as bad as you think And it passes more quickly than you think it will. The 25% reduction course via TTC is actually quite interesting, and is only 2.5 Saturdays. The 16 week probation rehab course is excrutionately boring and patronising, but is doable at 3 hours once a week.

I still don’t know how this will end for me. But I have hope that I am reaching the end.

yes your right
yes your right
I blew 124, but wasn’t caught driving. I was asleep in my car. I didn’t damage anybody, or any thing.
I got 30 months ban and 200 hours of community service, and a 16 week rehabitation course.
The 200 hours of community service meant I worked 7 days a week for months, doing weekends in a charity shop, whilst maintaining a full time job. My previos job never found out about the conviction, but it was very stressful hoping that they did not find out. My current job know all about it, but they don’t care. My family, wife, friends all stood by me, but I’ve missed being able to take my wife to the hospital when she needed it, my dog to the vets before she died, and my daughter moving out to her new house. I missed family holidays to do the CS hours. It makes you feel useless.
The time does actually fly. I’m 18 months into my 23 (reduced) ban, and should get my invite to apply for my HRO medical at the end of January. I could be back on the road by end of April if the DVLA medical doesn’t go wrong. My medichecks result for CDT is 0.5.

Please, nobody, be talking about suicide. It is *absolutely* a shit time being banned. And the fear of court in the first place is terrifying. But it isn’t as bad as you think And it passes more quickly than you think it will. The 25% reduction course via TTC is actually quite interesting, and is only 2.5 Saturdays. The 16 week probation rehab course is excrutionately boring and patronising, but is doable at 3 hours once a week.

I still don’t know how this will end for me. But I have hope that I am reaching the end.
hi thanks , but I just feel like my life is over . I’m so sorry if I sound morbid but I can’t see any other way out of this

hi thanks , but I just feel like my life is over . I’m so sorry if I sound morbid but I can’t see any other way out of this

Sheralee, honestly it does get better. I know it's hard to think so at the moment. Initially I felt I'd completely blown life - although there are many avenues that are possibly now closed for me, I know I've just got to get on with life. I regret it everyday but you just get on with life.

It does get better trust us, we've all been where you are right now.

My incident happened Jul2019; convicted Sep2019 - I had no reason to be out that night, but hey-ho.

The beginning was the worst; sleepless nights and cried thinking how have I allowed this to happen. Although it does get better as everyday passes, I think about this every single day. Like many of us this will be our first and only conviction such a shame it has such a devastating affect.

But onwards and upwards. You cannot wallow in self pity for too long, life goes on and you can only make of life what you put into it. So use it as an opportunity to change aspects of your life a time for reflection and don't go down that same path EVER again!

How long is your ban SS?

Thanks for the insight DonkeyKong. Have you completely given up drinking for your medical?

12 months mate, it's not the ban that bothers me - merely the criminal record. I'd have taken a longer ban if it meant I wouldn't get one.

How about you?

ive just over 12 months left of a 22 month ban, done the driving course so that's taken it down, January 2021 I get it back after a medical with the DVLA medical

does it really
Hi Sheralee we all know how depressing this is and how we feel unbelievably stupid. Try and stay positive. I can’t apply for my provisional licence until the ban is actually up and I’ve had my medical. Could be mid 2021 if I am ever driving again. (N. Ireland rules). I wouldn’t say it gets easier but you just get used to it. I never realised how much your independence meant before this happened. Try and think of ways to get through this. I have a chart and tick off every month. At least we will learn from it.......some of my neighbours keep drinking and driving just because they never get caught. I stupidly did it once and was caught. Still can’t believe I done it. Beating yourself up is not going to help you. People tell me I could’ve killed someone like I don’t already realise that. Take care Xx

Guys i was banned 7 years ago and only applied for my license back 3 months ago and they have turned me down,Am going through the appealing now and see what comes,My one thing after reading this thread is its wrong do DD as we have all found out, What really gets me is the repeat offenders who get caught 5/6/7 times as they never seem to give a fook ?? Maybe its me but right is right and wrong is wrong

Guys i was banned 7 years ago and only applied for my license back 3 months ago and they have turned me down,Am going through the appealing now and see what comes,My one thing after reading this thread is its wrong do DD as we have all found out, What really gets me is the repeat offenders who get caught 5/6/7 times as they never seem to give a fook ?? Maybe its me but right is right and wrong is wrong

Why have they turned you down?

Yeah I don’t understand how some people do it over and over again this is my first and last it’s ruined my life all together ???

I was banned following a RTC on the way to work, I blew 47, the other driver was found 'sufficiently' at fault for crashing into me. So I have a criminal record now since Oct 2018.
Since Aug 2019, when I got my license back, I feel like am driving like a newbie - obeying the speed limits, and really p***ing off other drivers judging by the way they are driving so close behind me! It's only recently that I have felt like a 'driver' again as the ban really knocked my confidence

I was banned following a RTC on the way to work, I blew 47, the other driver was found 'sufficiently' at fault for crashing into me. So I have a criminal record now since Oct 2018.
Since Aug 2019, when I got my license back, I feel like am driving like a newbie - obeying the speed limits, and really p***ing off other drivers judging by the way they are driving so close behind me! It's only recently that I have felt like a 'driver' again as the ban really knocked my confidence
Yes I think I will be exactly the same it will be a long 2 year ban if I get that ???

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off