The Whole Experience

Convicted Driver Insurance

TCB1989

Established Member
Ive just registered with this site as it has been invaluable to me and really helped reading through some of the discussion so wanted to register and share.

I was convicted of Failing to provide a specimen (DR30 conviction given).

I blew 167 roadside after colliding with a vehicle head on then failed to provide in the police station. Luckily nobody was hurt however a £500 yaris was written off. Currently awaiting the final figure of a personal injury claim, ( I was with admiral which voided the whole policy). They have however said it will be low cost claim and have already said they can offer me repayment plans.

I was banned on August 14th 2019, for 22 months, however I have recently just completed the reform drink driving course and has reduced my ban by 25%, so with being 4 months into the ban and the reduction my license will be back with me in January 2021..... Seems like a lifetime away.

This whole experience has been the most frightening and stressful of my life, £2000 for a solicitor, £900 fine, then the cost of repairing my car £600 plus whatever this personal injury claim comes in at......

Its nearly cost me my marriage, my home, my friends and family and has been horrendous. I now have the DVLA medical to go and then the joy of getting insured again.

Some advice for anyone at the start of this journey, you've had your accident, not been to court, not been sentenced, you need to keep your head up. It will be horrendous theres no lie, im now stuck with a criminal conviction for 5 years and a DR30 at 11 years. Never been in trouble with the police before and never will again. My tips for the process :-

- Court - Dress Smart, Be remorseful (you should be anyway I know I was), get colleagues, friends, relatives to write good character reference letters.
- DO the drink driving course, not just for the reduction in ban but the things you learn.
- Embrace public transport and not having wheels.

I will never ever ever get behind the wheel of a car again after alcohol, even the morning after a drink, it really isn't worth it and my life wont be fully the same for the next 5 years.

Should you need any help/advice please comment and I will help where I can.

Wow so its still all up in the air? Are they doing you for failing to provide a sample?

ive been to court . Got to go back in January. As I suffer with acid reflux and I vomited and the police should of waited 20 mins before the put me on the machine. But I know I’m still going to get a ban .
Wow so its still all up in the air? Are they doing you for failing to provide a sample?
no there not . As I did blow a sample I blew 42 . My car a right off. And the other people are claiming injury

Hmmm, 42 is slightly over, limit 35. Sorry to hear about your car and the personal injury claim I can relate to that massively. Is this your first offence?

no there not . As I did blow a sample I blew 42 . My car a right off. And the other people are claiming injury
Hmmm, 42 is slightly over, limit 35. Sorry to hear about your car and the personal injury claim I can relate to that massively. Is this your first offence?
yes never been to court in my life . The thing is I see the women who’s making the claim the other day . She said she was ok just her hart rate went up coz she suffers with anxiety. Also it was just a dent in her bumper .

yes never been to court in my life . The thing is I see the women who’s making the claim the other day . She said she was ok just her hart rate went up coz she suffers with anxiety. Also it was just a dent in her bumper .

Wow, I can imagine that was stressful all round. Were you with admiral again is that correct?

42 and they did you ? Police will normally give you a caution to 40 .. I know plenty that have .. did they offer you to give blood or urine ? I would suggest you fight your case to the max

Ive just registered with this site as it has been invaluable to me and really helped reading through some of the discussion so wanted to register and share.

I was convicted of Failing to provide a specimen (DR30 conviction given).

I blew 167 roadside after colliding with a vehicle head on then failed to provide in the police station. Luckily nobody was hurt however a £500 yaris was written off. Currently awaiting the final figure of a personal injury claim, ( I was with admiral which voided the whole policy). They have however said it will be low cost claim and have already said they can offer me repayment plans.

I was banned on August 14th 2019, for 22 months, however I have recently just completed the reform drink driving course and has reduced my ban by 25%, so with being 4 months into the ban and the reduction my license will be back with me in January 2021..... Seems like a lifetime away.

This whole experience has been the most frightening and stressful of my life, £2000 for a solicitor, £900 fine, then the cost of repairing my car £600 plus whatever this personal injury claim comes in at......

Its nearly cost me my marriage, my home, my friends and family and has been horrendous. I now have the DVLA medical to go and then the joy of getting insured again.

Some advice for anyone at the start of this journey, you've had your accident, not been to court, not been sentenced, you need to keep your head up. It will be horrendous theres no lie, im now stuck with a criminal conviction for 5 years and a DR30 at 11 years. Never been in trouble with the police before and never will again. My tips for the process :-

- Court - Dress Smart, Be remorseful (you should be anyway I know I was), get colleagues, friends, relatives to write good character reference letters.
- DO the drink driving course, not just for the reduction in ban but the things you learn.
- Embrace public transport and not having wheels.

I will never ever ever get behind the wheel of a car again after alcohol, even the morning after a drink, it really isn't worth it and my life wont be fully the same for the next 5 years.

Should you need any help/advice please comment and I will help where I can.
Drink driving is on your licence for 11 years most insurance etc only ask for last 5 years. But I can assure you it's on your file for 11

Drink driving is on your licence for 11 years most insurance etc only ask for last 5 years. But I can assure you it's on your file for 11
I know! 5 years criminal record but dr30 11 years! Soul destroying :-(

My incident happened Jul2019; convicted Sep2019 - I had no reason to be out that night, but hey-ho.

The beginning was the worst; sleepless nights and cried thinking how have I allowed this to happen. Although it does get better as everyday passes, I think about this every single day. Like many of us this will be our first and only conviction such a shame it has such a devastating affect.

But onwards and upwards. You cannot wallow in self pity for too long, life goes on and you can only make of life what you put into it. So use it as an opportunity to change aspects of your life a time for reflection and don't go down that same path EVER again!

My incident happened Jul2019; convicted Sep2019 - I had no reason to be out that night, but hey-ho.

The beginning was the worst; sleepless nights and cried thinking how have I allowed this to happen. Although it does get better as everyday passes, I think about this every single day. Like many of us this will be our first and only conviction such a shame it has such a devastating affect.

But onwards and upwards. You cannot wallow in self pity for too long, life goes on and you can only make of life what you put into it. So use it as an opportunity to change aspects of your life a time for reflection and don't go down that same path EVER again!
ive tried to say onwards and upwards but I just feel suicidal

ive tried to say onwards and upwards but I just feel suicidal

We've all been there. I always think going the suicide route is so one track minded. Because there's always life after the trouble and I think it shows strong character by persevering.

Life truly does move on.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off