test drives with a drink drive conviction

Convicted Driver Insurance
hi im thinking about changing my car my ban was up in 2021 i was just wondering if anyone had any issues around getting test drives of cars with a drink drive conviction.
i assume its less of an issue with mains dealers or car supermarkets but im wondering more about you small local used car sales

Last edited:
No issues doing that at all. I’ve done it myself with a DR30 conviction, as long as you have a driving license to provide the car retailer all is fine. Only time it’s a problem is with Hire cars depending on the conviction

No issues doing that at all. I’ve done it myself with a DR30 conviction, as long as you have a driving license to provide the car retailer all is fine. Only time it’s a problem is with Hire cars depending on the conviction
thanks did you disclose the DR30 ? with hiring vehicles i know im the only person in the household with a car licence and ive had trouble hiring a van to move some of the junk we accumilated during and since lockdown a little skoda citigo isnt ideal for a tip run

No you don’t have to even disclose it, test driving is done generally under separate plates/insurance to normal with car dealerships, at the end of the day they want to sell the car as long as you have a valid driving license that’s in date

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off