Terrified about going to jail

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scaredtodeath

Hi everyone, I got caught last night and released this morning. I blew 81 at the station. I crashed into and damaged 3 parked cars. I have previous points for speeding but unsure as to whether that will be considered. I’m absolutely petrified I’ll get sent to jail. I have serious mental health issues and I’m extremely anxious. Any help would be much appreciated please.

Hi everyone, I got caught last night and released this morning. I blew 81 at the station. I crashed into and damaged 3 parked cars. I have previous points for speeding but unsure as to whether that will be considered. I’m absolutely petrified I’ll get sent to jail. I have serious mental health issues and I’m extremely anxious. Any help would be much appreciated please.
hi mate dont think you will go jail for this
was any1 injured in the event pal

What were your readings? Very unlikely you will have prison sentence unless you were really high reading or hurt someone. Your points are irrelevant.

Afternoon

Is this your first DUI offence?

I was arrested for DUI in early 2019, and my readings were 113 & 115 - I was subsequently banned for 28 months. I was simply stopped and breathalysed by the police - there was no collision, but as I was a High Risk Offender I ended up doing 100 hours community service.

As your reading is 81 - the good news is you are not classed a High Risk Offender. The benchmark is 87.5, so in theory you will not be looking at the same punishment as myself.

Even though there has been a collision, no one came to any harm and it was damage only. I don't necessary think the Magistrates will view this as an 'aggravating' factor, but I could be wrong.

What I have found with drink driving offences is that damage only collisions don't necessarily increase the length of the drink driving ban.

A woman in my town, wrote her car off on a blind bend recently and completely demolished a stone wall. She blew 75 and was banned for 24 months, with a fine and court costs. I was not involved in a collision, but I was given a stiffer punishment because my reading was so high and I am a HRO.

You will definately not be going to prison, unless you then tell us this is your third DUI in ten years!!!!

CJ

Afternoon

Is this your first DUI offence?

I was arrested for DUI in early 2019, and my readings were 113 & 115 - I was subsequently banned for 28 months. I was simply stopped and breathalysed by the police - there was no collision, but as I was a High Risk Offender I ended up doing 100 hours community service.

As your reading is 81 - the good news is you are not classed a High Risk Offender. The benchmark is 87.5, so in theory you will not be looking at the same punishment as myself.

Even though there has been a collision, no one came to any harm and it was damage only. I don't necessary think the Magistrates will view this as an 'aggravating' factor, but I could be wrong.

What I have found with drink driving offences is that damage only collisions don't necessarily increase the length of the drink driving ban.

A woman in my town, wrote her car off on a blind bend recently and completely demolished a stone wall. She blew 75 and was banned for 24 months, with a fine and court costs. I was not involved in a collision, but I was given a stiffer punishment because my reading was so high and I am a HRO.

You will definately not be going to prison, unless you then tell us this is your third DUI in ten years!!!!

CJ
Thank you so much CJ. It’s my first DUI ever. I’ve had speeding issues in the past. I have 11 points on my licence. So I’ve convinced myself because of damage to the parked cars and the speeding they’re going to send me to jail. I am definitely panicking and not thinking rationally

You are likely to get a 17-22 month ban (towards the upper part of that because of hitting 3 cars) and a fine based on your income. Community service is a possibility but the good news from that is that it replaces the fine…..
The ban can be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered, and accept, a Drink Drive Rehabiltation Course.
I see you have 11 points. You get no points for drink driving and hopefully a few of your points will drop off during your ban…..

You are likely to get a 17-22 month ban (towards the upper part of that because of hitting 3 cars) and a fine based on your income. Community service is a possibility but the good news from that is that it replaces the fine…..
The ban can be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered, and accept, a Drink Drive Rehabiltation Course.
I see you have 11 points. You get no points for drink driving and hopefully a few of your points will drop off during your ban…..
Thanks so much for your reply. Everyone has been so helpful and it’s helping to make me feel calmer. Thank you again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off