Suspected drink driving & failure to provide a specimen can Somone help ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chelsea123

Well Known Member
Can any help with what receive ? Suspected drink driving and failure to provide without excuse even though did try second time and it wasn’t enough ?
Aggravating factors - crashed car round street scraped a parked car knocked somones fence down
No one hurt

Mitigating factors - No previous convictions clean licence no points at all , first offence ,
Can Somone help me here court next week Havnt a clue what so ever never been to court worst thing this I need Somone to talk to so lost this is a big nightmare I’ve came on here for some help thankyou please contact me

Probably a 1 or 2 year ban, they take this offence quite seriously, you'll be a HRO so when you do go to get your licence back they'll have to do a medical etc. I got charged with the same thing only I wasn't driving the car.

There is a lot of help on this site re court
I went for a visit Pre my case to get a feel for it what you do, stand etc that helped
Character references are vital
Also write a letter to the bench expressing you realise how serious it was and how you regret it
I had a solicitor as I couldn’t have put any mitigation as too distressed
Dress smart, take a friend , also re fine they want to know your finances I found the form on line so I had done it before as on the day I wouldn’t have had all the info

Tell your employer in case it hits press
It’s hard but there is support on this site

What is a medical ? I’m not drink dependant just a do have a drink once a week on a weekend but I Havnt even wanted a drink after this has happend how long does drink go out your system ? Am a heavy smoker though

Probably a 1 or 2 year ban, they take this offence quite seriously, you'll be a HRO so when you do go to get your licence back they'll have to do a medical etc. I got charged with the same thing only I wasn't driving the car.
How long does drink go out your system ? As drank once a week but if this is the case il not drink again if a medical has to be done

On applying for your licence back after your ban your more than likely will be expected to attend a DVLA medical, this will include medical questionarres a medical with a DVLA appointed doctor where they will examine you to see if there are any drink related issues and they will take blood from you for analysis to see how much you are drinking if at all ...

On applying for your licence back after your ban your more than likely will be expected to attend a DVLA medical, this will include medical questionarres a medical with a DVLA appointed doctor where they will examine you to see if there are any drink related issues and they will take blood from you for analysis to see how much you are drinking if at all ...
So if I drank say 8 cans of beer on a Saturday once a week how long would this go out your system do you think ? As I will not touch a drop , if this is the case that I need a medical I won’t drink again

It usually takes 1 hour to process one unit of alcohol so 8 cans of fosters say would take around 15 hours to leave your body, no they will not tell you at court if you are classed as a high risk offender it will be on applying for your licence back,,,the DVLA will take over and quite possibly investigate you through your GP to see if there's any alcohol issues documented with your GP regarding your drink drive...if they do this process can be a lengthy one with lots of questions asked relating to drink issues...

It usually takes 1 hour to process one unit of alcohol so 8 cans of fosters say would take around 15 hours to leave your body, no they will not tell you at court if you are classed as a high risk offender it will be on applying for your licence back,,,the DVLA will take over and quite possibly investigate you through your GP to see if there's any alcohol issues documented with your GP regarding your drink drive...if they do this process can be a lengthy one with lots of questions asked relating to drink issues...
What was your roadside reading ?

What was your roadside reading ?
I'm not sure how you stand with "only passed three years" but if there's no resit you will need to ask the court for the drink drive rehabilition course that can reduce your ban by upto 25% make a note to ask for it as it can not be offered once left court...

Ok thanks for the information but I don’t have any alchol issues I smoke though so would that affect a blood test ?

I'm not sure how you stand with "only passed three years" but if there's no resit you will need to ask the court for the drink drive rehabilition course that can reduce your ban by upto 25% make a note to ask for it as it can not be offered once left court...
I don’t know the reading I never did the second sample but I did try to do it but the charged me for failure to provide

Not CDT no but sometimes DVLA do check for drugs as well, so in theory they can screen you for any drugs prescribed or not, the simple fact is when you do reapply for your licence make sure your whiter than white, because they can and will if they have to scrutinise everything including any regular medication from your GP ...

Not CDT no but sometimes DVLA do check for drugs as well, so in theory they can screen you for any drugs prescribed or not, the simple fact is when you do reapply for your licence make sure your whiter than white, because they can and will if they have to scrutinise everything including any regular medication from your GP ...
Oh right a see well I won’t be drinking again after this like so should be ok

I don’t know the reading I never did the second sample but I did try to do it but the charged me for failure to provide
Oh right a see well I won’t be drinking again after this like so should be ok
Going on the info supplied I would of thought you would have some where in the region of 18 months to 2 years ban with the aggravating factors and maybe a fine and /or community service, lesson learned I hope we all make mistakes try not to beat yourself up about it too much, but do stay tuned in to the forum as we can help you through the DVLA medical process when your time comes, this forum has been a god send to others for information that the courts or DVLA won't give you ...

Going on the info supplied I would of thought you would have some where in the region of 18 months to 2 years ban with the aggravating factors and maybe a fine and /or community service, lesson learned I hope we all make mistakes try not to beat yourself up about it too much, but do stay tuned in to the forum as we can help you through the DVLA medical process when your time comes, this forum has been a god send to others for information that the courts or DVLA won't give you ...
And if you choose to drink stay within the government guidlines of 14 units a week spread over 7 days, this will not affect the DVLA medical unless your a raving alcoholic,,,

Thanks for all the information it’s helpful this is the biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life and it will never happen again I’ve lost everything for being stuipid I don’t even think I can even come back from something like this spoke to my solicitor yesturday and he said looking to be 20 months or 2 years life is totally ruined

And if you choose to drink stay within the government guidlines of 14 units a week spread over 7 days, this will not affect the DVLA medical unless your a raving alcoholic,,,
Oh I’m definitely not a alcoholic , have drank about 8 cans at weekend Saturday but I won’t even touch a drop of alchol after all this now

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off