Surrender driving license

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emily🙄

Hi any one arrested for drink driving been asked to surrender their driving license by DVLA before receiving any court letters?

DVLA will know nothing about you being due to attend court for drink driving so they have no reason to ask you to surrender your licence.
That is correct for the drink driving allegation (you might be found not guilty so they would not be able to ask for your licence, if you thing about it.

BUT
They could have been notified of concerns about your drinking and decide to make enquiries to revoke your licence. This does not have to involve a drink drive charge. Have you had a letter from DVLA and if so, what grounds do they give for asking for your licence to be sent back?
I am not clear about what is coming from DVLA, ‘asking for your licence’ doesn’t happen, but revoking it does happen. Can you clarify?

Hi

i haven’t received any letters yet, i was released under investigation 3 weeks ago.
A few people have said they had to surrender their license before court case

I just wanted to find out from this forum

That would only be for a medical problem. I have never, since the modern breath test laws came out in 1983, heard of someone being told to return their licence to DVLA for that offence. As I said, DVLA only find out about a drunk drive matter after conviction.
If their licence is not surrendered to the court, offenders do get a letter AFTER conviction telling them to sent their licence back.

I go to a alcoholic group and 2 people have been asked to surrender their driving license, TBH I dont know the whole story of why they had to surrender

But as you say dvla find out after the sentencing

Thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off