Supposed to be in Court but heard nothing?

Convicted Driver Insurance

BobbyThomas

Hi there. On 12/07/20 I blew 73 and on the custody discharge forms I was given a court date of 29/09/20. No further correspondence has been received. I was wondering how to proceed?

Go to court as demanded. Failure to do so will see a warrant for your arrest issued.

Go to court as demanded. Failure to do so will see a warrant for your arrest issued.
I was expecting to receive further correspondence and with COVID etc was wondering if the date may have slipped. Is it usual for no further corres to be issued? I understand current circumstances are not typical. About 10 years ago I was done on a speed gun and pulled over but heard nothing more about it, so that was in the back of my mind. For example, if no further corres has been received then I cannot absolutely know whether the police have referred the matter to the court? The only was to find out is to attend.

Agree with BigTom, if the date is in your discharge forms go to court. You won’t receive any further correspondence from the police or the courts, you’ve been given a court date, time and location, arrive smartly dressed. It’s slightly more serious than being flashed by a camera, being flashed by a camera is usually a fine and a speed course, blowing 73 you will definitely be banned and have to surrender your license. My advice......turn up.

hi there just a question i have ongoing court case going on from late 2018 its minor traffic offences of bald tires and faulty lights . it is still ongoing due to coronavirus i was wondering if when i plead guilty the points will start from offence date or from the court date as i was still in my 2 years probation at time off offence but it is now past the 2 year probation period ? would anyone on this know. thank you

Hi there. On 12/07/20 I blew 73 and on the custody discharge forms I was given a court date of 29/09/20. No further correspondence has been received. I was wondering how to proceed?
If you were released on an "undertaking" to appear in court, then you will not receive any more paperwork. Your name will not even be listed on the court rolls. The same happened to me,and after taking advice attended court. If I hadnt, a warrant would of been issued for my arrest..

I was expecting to receive further correspondence and with COVID etc was wondering if the date may have slipped. Is it usual for no further corres to be issued? I understand current circumstances are not typical. About 10 years ago I was done on a speed gun and pulled over but heard nothing more about it, so that was in the back of my mind. For example, if no further corres has been received then I cannot absolutely know whether the police have referred the matter to the court? The only was to find out is to attend.
You were charged and bailed to appear at court, that is what your discharge papers were. If the court decides to adjourn the case, they will. But if you don't go you will be arrested. There is a big difference to being caught speeding and drink driving. You WILL lose your licence and you WILL receive a criminal record, speeding results in a possible fine and possible points - chalk and cheese!!!

hi there just a question i have ongoing court case going on from late 2018 its minor traffic offences of bald tires and faulty lights . it is still ongoing due to coronavirus i was wondering if when i plead guilty the points will start from offence date or from the court date as i was still in my 2 years probation at time off offence but it is now past the 2 year probation period ? would anyone on this know. thank you
GG - The other cases will have no bearing on your DD, drink driving will take precedence and you will be banned without points. The other cases ongoing since 2018 though, seems a bit strange?? Possible Price may know but I thought that the CPS had a time frame that they had to take you to court in and as now at least 22 months ago seems may have lapsed???

GG - The other cases will have no bearing on your DD, drink driving will take precedence and you will be banned without points. The other cases ongoing since 2018 though, seems a bit strange?? Possible Price may know but I thought that the CPS had a time frame that they had to take you to court in and as now at least 22 months ago seems may have lapsed???
The prosecution have 6 months from the date of the offence to apply for a summons, which they have done. Once there has been a summons applied for, in theory there is no limit on when the actual case can be heard, although the Limitations Act 1980 places a 6 year limit on many civil actions so that could argued as the extent on when it is reasonable to bring a case to court........
Oh and yes, the previous advice is correct. You have been bailed to appear at court, there is no further correspondence and you rush a warrant being issued for your arrest if you fail to attend.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off