Suicide driving ban ??

Convicted Driver Insurance

Parrish92

Hi ,
Bit of a weird situation I’m in .
In August 2019 I was arrested and put into custody for a drink driving offense.
I have only just had a letter through telling me I need to go to court on the 23rd of jan ! :(
The past few months leading up to August I became severely depressed with marital problems and self worth . I attempted self harm and suicide ending up in A & E Numerous times . While this was all going on I fell into the wrong crowd and turned to drink and drug use . I was in such a dark place . On the night I was arrested - I had had a couple of drinks out at this persons house , went home and got into an argument with my other half who called me an unfit mum and some other things which broke me . I decided that was in and got into my car and drove off , I decided to go to a remote place intending to crash into a tree to end it all . My mind was racing about what to do on the way there and I thought maybe I can be saved , I wanted to call the crises line but didn’t have the number so just called 999 . When I pulled up I started guzzling from a bottle of white wine I had in the car .They told me to wait at the place In which they took a while to get to me , I was hysterical . Expecting an ambulance or a mental health team to turn up , the police turned up and asked me what i was doing - I burst into tears saying I wanted to die . They breathalysed me there and then and i was over the limit (can’t remember how much by) and instantly caustioned and arrested me . From getting out the car and into the police car I managed to take a number of pills I had in my car trying to OD to carry on the attempt to end it . From doing this they decided to take me to hospital - we were there hours , they did my obs and then decided to take some bloods to send off for investigation .
I was then put into a cell over night - it was the worst thing ever, I felt like a criminal being punished for being depressed. I had no sleep and they only offered me 1 drink. The next day my mum got the call to come assist me with interview at the station (in the meantime she has reported me missing) . I also missed work the next day and they wondered where I was . I cannot remember entirely what I said in interview but I know I was tired sleep deprived dehydrated and not mentally there . I left the station pending further investigation.
This brings me to the now , since then I have seen a physcholgist , has numerous doctors appointments , been to turning point , cut off from the wrong crowds , worked on my self esteem and relationships , I’m doing really well in my job within the NHS and I’m 20 weeks pregnant . I look back and think what the hell was i doing . I cannot bare to think about losing my license , I live in a country village where transport is poor , my job relies on this and with a newborn and young child it will be so hard to get anywhere . I am
Also dreading I will be trapped in my own home and mental health might come back to haunt me .
I have a solicitor at the moment requesting all the police evidence to see if
I should plead guilty or not guilty .
I feel like such an idiot as put myself in this mess calling 999 on myself :/ .
what are your thoughts on this and what do you think the sentence would be if I have to plead guilty ? (I don’t believe there is evidence I was
Over the limit while driving to the remote spot car park as carried on drinking when I was pulled up) police found me stationary with engine off but keys in .
sorry for such a long post .
thank you for reading .

Ok, what was your reading in breath?
have you been charged with Drink Driving or Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle?
Did the police see the bottle of wine in the car?
did you drink the whole bottle of wine and what was the strength of it?
Can you recollect if you said about drinking in the car?
Had you drunk any alcohol at all before you drove the car?

Ok, what was your reading in breath?
have you been charged with Drink Driving or Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle?
Did the police see the bottle of wine in the car?
did you drink the whole bottle of wine and what was the strength of it?
Can you recollect if you said about drinking in the car?
Had you drunk any alcohol at all before you drove the car?
Hi , it was so long ago I’ve forgot the breath reading but the blood came back as 93mg in 100ml of blood . And charged with drink driving . They did see a bottle . I have forgot completely what I told them I think , I know I drank earlier in the day some
White wine probably 12% maybe 2-3 glasses . Then went home for abit - argued with husband then left house and pulled up in the car park and had some more wine .
Thanks

The big question is what the charge says. You need to check this. If it is drink driving and you are found guilty than a ban is mandatory. If it is ‘drunk in charge’ there is the option for the magistrates to go for 10 points instead.
If it is drink driving, The reading in breath that you supplied is presumed to be what was in your system when you drove, unless you can show the magistrates, on the balance of probability, that you drank after driving AND that the amount that you drank made the difference to you being over the legal limit.
That is why my questions are important.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off