Subject Access

Convicted Driver Insurance

TCB1989

Established Member
Hi All,

Before Christmas I did the subject access for the DVLA sent on the 16th December for the results of my medical as heard nothing from the DVLA since the 20th November (day of medical).

Recieved a letter from the DVLA today saying 11 weeks of abstinence got me a score of 0.7 which i am very happy with.

Hi All,

Before Christmas I did the subject access for the DVLA sent on the 16th December for the results of my medical as heard nothing from the DVLA since the 20th November (day of medical).

Recieved a letter from the DVLA today saying 11 weeks of abstinence got me a score of 0.7 which i am very happy with.
Good reading that, exactly same as me, well done you!

I do think the goal posts have changed with the DVLA readings again........ the letter stated {<1.3} i thought it was 1.7 or less not 1.3 or less?

I do think the goal posts have changed with the DVLA readings again........ the letter stated {<1.3} i thought it was 1.7 or less not 1.3 or less?

That is only relevant for a Wednesday, unless there is a bank holiday in the month, in which case your score has to be minus 2.7. There is an exception for pagans, who have to report for ritualistic disemboweling if their score exceeds 1.478567%.

Seriously, the goalposts seem to change from DVLA quite often. Some of the differences may relate to if there was a repeat offence or a very high reading aside from the obvious lower standard for people with alcohol misuse or abuse on their records.

That is only relevant for a Wednesday, unless there is a bank holiday in the month, in which case your score has to be minus 2.7. There is an exception for pagans, who have to report for ritualistic disemboweling if their score exceeds 1.478567%.

Seriously, the goalposts seem to change from DVLA quite often. Some of the differences may relate to if there was a repeat offence or a very high reading aside from the obvious lower standard for people with alcohol misuse or abuse on their records.

price You have hit the nail on the head haha. Just needed to add something about a full moon and it’s pretty accurate.

I forgot the full moon!
No, you lot forgot the full moon is only valid with an 'M' in the month......

As you say Price, seems that a year or so ago the goalposts were as per the previous 'traffic light system', since then I have noticed people quoting their letters have stated different things. My letter in March 2020 said "....below 1.6% indicates no recent excessive alcohol intake....", it doesn't say that it indicates no alcohol intake. I think you're right that it may now be specific to individual circumstances.

No, you lot forgot the full moon is only valid with an 'M' in the month......

As you say Price, seems that a year or so ago the goalposts were as per the previous 'traffic light system', since then I have noticed people quoting their letters have stated different things. My letter in March 2020 said "....below 1.6% indicates no recent excessive alcohol intake....", it doesn't say that it indicates no alcohol intake. I think you're right that it may now be specific to individual circumstances.
Exactly same as you but my letter was October 2020

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off