Still think about this everyday...

Convicted Driver Insurance

SillySausage123

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I was banned for only 12 months, shortened to 9 months after the course. It has been 2+ years since this happened, so I am back on the road, but that's truly the least of my worries.

There has not been a day since the incident that the shame of being considered a criminal creeps up on me every single day - I put on a smile to the outside world, but inside I'm completely torn.

It's just such a shame that I've managed to get myself into such a mess 😢

Sorry for the pointless post, but I needed somewhere to express this.

I think it’s natural to feel that sense of shame when we have done something wrong.

I’m extremely ashamed of what I did, and the shame and how I’m feeling could lead me in to some very dark places if I allowed it to. But we can’t change the past and although we’ve done a bad thing, that doesn’t make us a bad person.
What matters now is how we move on from it.

I know how you feel though. I feel sick every time I think about what I did, and what I have risked.

Hi all,

I was banned for only 12 months, shortened to 9 months after the course. It has been 2+ years since this happened, so I am back on the road, but that's truly the least of my worries.

There has not been a day since the incident that the shame of being considered a criminal creeps up on me every single day - I put on a smile to the outside world, but inside I'm completely torn.

Hi,

You made a mistake, that is normal.
Criminal?? Did you halm anyone?.

That must mean this forum is full of "Criminals".

You will be OK mate, Keep your head up!

A mistake is just that, DO NOT let that define you as a person!

Kind regards,

Stu

How many people could put their hands on their hearts and swear they have never done anything that potentially put lives at risk. What you did was wrong but you have paid for your error and clearly have no intention of repeating it.
It's easy just to say stop thinking about it, but the human brain doesn't work like that, I really hope you start to forgive yourself and move on.

Hi all,

Try not to dwell, it is easier said than done. You cannot change the past, but it doesn't have to define you and you can choose the future!

You are being too hard on yourself, yes you fu**ed up big time, but you have learned from it and will never go that way again.

Have you thought of trying some Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) - sometimes it is available on the NHS, it helps you change the way you think about things. Worth trying the GP to see if they can refer you, or you can do privately at about £50 per 1hr session.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off