Still haven’t been charged

Convicted Driver Insurance

GreyJames80

I was involved in incident at the end of March, someone ran out into the road and I hit them. This is where things get tricky, at the time of the accident I wasn’t aware that I’d hit someone so kept on driving, I was pulled over a few moments later by the police and arrested for falling to stop when they explained I’d hit someone in the road I decided to remain silent until I could speak to someone, I refused to give a sample and was kept in the cell for 15 hours. I was released without charge the next day. I was told that the injuries to the other person were minor. Why haven’t I been charged with failing to provide is this normal. I been release pending an investigation but the police still haven’t spoken to the witnesses in my car.

Just wanted to share an update with everyone. You were spot on and I was charged on the last day of the 6 months, charged with failing to stop and report and failure to provide. I decided to plead guilty and ended up with a 36 month ban and 200 hours of unpaid work. It was my first offence, clean license and have never been arrested before. They tell me I only narrowly avoided a custodial sentence due to my wife being ill and me being the main career. I do feel that the punishment was excessive, but I guess that’s the point, it’s not meant to be easy.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off