STILL banned for an offence that happened over 20 yrs ago!

Convicted Driver Insurance

harryo40

Hi,
I was banned way back in the late 80's for drink driving & i never applied for my 'provisional' license back as i was young & foolish at the time. Now i am 40 & have a job that needs me to be able to drive, as it is several miles out of town. I applied for a license in July 2009 & after the dvla sending me for a medical & so far its cost me just over £200 for the license & the medical & after waiting nearly 3 months for the dvla to get back to me, they have finally done just that by saying they have refused my license application & all this after a ban that originally happened over 20 years ago.
My license has been refused because of (from what i can gather) the blood test results! I have no idea as to what these results mean but would like some advise as to the next stage i should take as i am / will not be leaving this matter as it stands at the moment.
I await any response or advise that you may have available or can provide / suggest to me & in the mean time i will be lodging an appeal to the dvla with regards to this.
thank you
regards
harry

If the DVLA have refused to grant you your driving licence they are required to state the full reasons upon which their decision has been based.

If you wanted to appeal against their refusal then you would need to lodge your complaint to your local Magistrates' Court. Such applications are usually heavily resisted at Court by the DVLA.

These applications are complex and in order to ensure that you maximise your prospects of getting your licence back you would need to employ a motoring solicitor. We are able to assist for a fixed fee and have proven expertise in this field.

If you wanted to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off