Still awaiting my reinstated driving Licence!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

CDS

I was convicted of a drink driving offence in 2009 and banned from driving for 1 year (reduced to 6 months following a rehabilitation driving course). I was unable to work without a car and only put my application on the relevant DVLA Medical Dept. form after Christmas 2019. I was sent to an independent doctor employed by DVLA at the end of March 2019. My personal Dr sent the DVLA's questionnaire with the Drs reply on 28th January 2019 stating I had not drunk alcohol for 1 year and 4 months from my application to DVLA. I have rung DVLA Medical Team on numerous occasions and all I am told is my application is with the Drs at DVLA Medical Team. I have been waiting for approximately 2 1/2 months with no information other than stated. I realise that there are other people's applications to be dealt with but I do think this is beyond the pale. Would you please advise.

Without a formal decision form the DVLA it is difficult to escalate matters to court. I would suggest lodging a formal complaint given the inordinate amount of time taken. I would also suggest that you request your file of papers. Once a decision is made, if you disagree with that and there is sufficient merit in doing so, an appeal can be lodged with the Magistrates' Court.

Without a formal decision form the DVLA it is difficult to escalate matters to court. I would suggest lodging a formal complaint given the inordinate amount of time taken. I would also suggest that you request your file of papers. Once a decision is made, if you disagree with that and there is sufficient merit in doing so, an appeal can be lodged with the Magistrates' Court.
Thank you for your email regarding the above. I have indeed written to the DVLA Medical Centre on Monday 29th July and will await their reply. I asked them if there was anything outstanding before they submit their decision or request from me or my Dr any further information, if required. Failing a satisfactory reply, I con firm that I will act upon your advice, for which I am very much obliged.

CDS

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off