start my drink drive course in the morning.... not looking forward to it.

Convicted Driver Insurance

sam9001

Well Known Member
not looking forward to my drink driving course in the morning, dunno what to expect, am i going to feel like a convict.

Hi Sam, it's not too bad, remember everyone in the class will be in the same boat as you! I felt uneasy going to my first class but the tutor made us all feel at ease.

Everyone will be asked to share their DD experience so you will probably find there are actually people in worse situations than you there anyway.

They will cover alcohol units and how quickly alcohol leaves your system which is really useful to know. Also you'll learn about the effects of alcohol on your body - not exactly riveting stuff but still it is good to be informed.

They will let you know about insurance companies who will give you discounts for having completed the course too.

My course was over 3 saturdays, it is the same for you? It goes quickly and then you will have a shorter ban - definitely worth it!

One other thing, try not to be late, my tutor would mark people as absent if they were more than 20 mins late!!

Good luck x

I went to my first session on Wednesday, I was really dreading it but it was better than I expected.

In the first session we mainly learnt all about alcohol, next week we have to share our experience - this is the part I'm not looking forward too !

Everyone's in the same boat from all different walks of life, just take what you can from it, good luck :)

Like emilykyra90 I had my first day today and I was absolutely terrified what was going to happen... I should not have been so worried.

The course is designed to make you feel comfortable and their is no contempt or judgement being made towards you at all, just education and participating with group discussion's and some very basic skills being used to work out units and some easy homework to do.

I have to say that talking in front of a group of people you have never met before is daunting for anyone, but everyone is in the same boat as you, so don't worry if you turn red... and come across shy... everyone is at first.

I have to admit though I am also worried about sharing my experience with the group as it's kind of a mini presentation on how you got to be on the course. I am going to keep it as short and sweet as possible but who knows I might get a bit more confidence and embellish a little. for entertainment purposes.

Their is one downfall with any large group of stranger's, their is one guy in their that loves the sound of his voice, he is the first to answer before anyone and gives all the answers before anyone can speak... very irritating as much of the other people don't get to say anything and come across shy.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off