Speeding up the GP questionnaire

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all, i am wondering is there a way to speed to the questionnaire that was sent from the dvla to doctors, my form was sent by dvla and it arrived with my doctors on the 1/05/18
So i rang them and told them to expect it they said it would take 5 weeks for the doctor to fill it out so today i have rang them again today (22/05/18) and ask how far along it is
and now they have told me its going to take a further 6 weeks... my ban ended 23/04/18

Any information would be appreciated thanks

Thank you price, im going to let this week run its course if ive not heard anything by then i shall take action, sort of annoying now
one of the many reasons i wont be doing this again!

DVLA Contacting my GP - any help re this?

I got banned on 15.4.16 (2nd time - 1st time 9 years ago) - I got a 36 month ban and that was reduced as they let me take a driving course

Hi I recently had a medical test and now the DVLA have said they are writing to my doctor. I am really worried as I suffered with depression after my ban and I attempted suicide as I was in a bad way. However I was prescribed anti depressants and they helped me get through it. I came off the antidepressants later that year. I have not spoken to my doctor about this as I changed doctors after moving and I have had no need to. I have not been drinking much at all except on my birthday May 28th this year as I was 60 and had 3 glasses of champagne, prior to this I had a drink at Christmas and a couple in Feb/March. which I stated truthfully on the questionnaire.

I am worried that they wont let me have my licence back? I havent spoken to my doctor about any of this. Can anyone tell me what they will ask my doctor?

I am due to get my licence back 5th August and am really worried now that they wont give it me back.

Id be very grateful for any advice? thanks

Re: DVLA Contacting my GP - any help re this?

I got banned on 15.4.16 (2nd time - 1st time 9 years ago) - I got a 36 month ban and that was reduced as they let me take a driving course

Hi I recently had a medical test and now the DVLA have said they are writing to my doctor. I am really worried as I suffered with depression after my ban and I attempted suicide as I was in a bad way. However I was prescribed anti depressants and they helped me get through it. I came off the antidepressants later that year. I have not spoken to my doctor about this as I changed doctors after moving and I have had no need to. I have not been drinking much at all except on my birthday May 28th this year as I was 60 and had 3 glasses of champagne, prior to this I had a drink at Christmas and a couple in Feb/March. which I stated truthfully on the questionnaire.

I am worried that they wont let me have my licence back? I havent spoken to my doctor about any of this. Can anyone tell me what they will ask my doctor?

I am due to get my licence back 5th August and am really worried now that they wont give it me back.

Id be very grateful for any advice? thanks

Hi

I think you will come under severe depression
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/psychiatric-disorders-assessing-fitness-to-drive.

It lists under ordinary licence period of stability which by your post you have already shown.
Timescales on stability are not listed under ordinary licence ! However under Group2 it states 6 months of stability so all things considered looks ok but will depend now on what the GP will add! But that episode of depression was ages away think positive good luck :)

Dear Craig

Thank you my doctor has rang me and wants to speak with me to do with the questionnaire from the DVLA. I will let you know how it goes. I do hope I will get my licence back! I havent a clue what she will ask me - I suspect its something to do with the questions they are asking her.

Thank you for your reply.

Pickle 28

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off