Some questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

iidiot

Hi I've recently been banned for drink driving for 12 months which will be reduced if I take the awareness course which I intend to do.

One thing I've noticed is that everything coming from the court(letters) and also My charge sheet has my middle name incorrectly spelt, I noticed this on my charge sheet when I was being charge in the police station and I had to sign it, I informed the police officer and he said he'd get it changed and it seemed like it wasn't a big deal. I'm now starting to get paranoid that this might become an issue for example when my bans over and my real middle name pops up on police records will they know the difference? Also if I complete the course and provide my correct name will it cover the incorrect name? Does it even matter? They keep spelling my middle name Geoffrey with a J instead.

Also I got a letter from the court 2 days after my appearance notifying me of my ban and the location of my drink driving course, however when I went to apply for the course it asked for a reference number but there is no reference number on the letter, just my case number which I tried which didn't work, how can I sort this out?

Last question, the location of the course is very far from where I live, about 40 miles, it would be impossie to get there on public transport if it was to start early say 9 am. Could it get the location changed? I
Live about 12 miles from Birmingham so I would have thought there would be a course available more local.

Thanks

There are courses available in different locations, and with different providers. You are not bound to stick to the course provider the court nominated, you can pick one which has a course available closest to where you live, just ring them and ask to be transferred. For example, TTC run courses in Central Birmingham and several surrounding towns.
The reference number you were asked for will be the reference number from the course provider, not a reference number from the police or the court. You will get that when the course provider writes to you, usually within 2 weeks of your court appearance. If you do not hear within 2 weeks, you should contact the course provider in case the court somehow did not pass on the information.
As to your name, the problem has arisen when the police recorded your name wrongly, then everyone else has followed suit.
i would start by writing to the Police station where you were charged, pointing out the mistake and ask them to confirm in writing that they have amended their records. If you have a passport, enclose a copy of the page with your details on to show that you are quoting the correct details.
I would then do the same with the court that you appeared at. DVLA should have your correct details anyway from your driving licence so that should not be a problem. Also,when you do the course, show the course provider your correct details and they should have no problem in issuing your certificate in your proper name.

Thank you, sorry to be a pain but would it be best for me to wait for the Letter for the drink driving course to
Come through with the reference number on before contacting them to ask for a transfer?

Also what if I just left the issue with my middle name as it is? Could you see any problems arising from it?

Thanks

If you want to transfer then yes, call the provider the court told you about and tell them you want to change to.XXXX provider, and they will arrange it. I would leave it a week after the court date, to give them time to receive the referral from the court and to have put it on their own system.
It will not make a great deal of difference about a G or a J, especially as it is your middle name. If you find yourself facing a custody officer again, just say it might be spelt either way.....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off