Some Progress

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Established Member
After badgering GP twice a week for a few weeks, I have finally been told that they have posted my Questionnaire back to the DVLA today (21/01/2022) after having received it on the 16th November 2021, 10 weeks ago.

Now the long wait begins to see when the DVLA get around to assessing it.

I applied for my licence on the 15/07/21 and I am now on day 193 of the process, just over 6 months ago for a ban that ended on the 12th October. Effectively the DVLA have banned me TO DATE, for an additional 3 months and knowing my luck it will be another 3 months before I get my licence back.

If I hadn't completed the DDA course, then I would be looking at well into 2023 before licence was returned.

This must be one of the slowest processes ever envisaged by the Civil Service. I took lessons and passed my test back in 1982 quicker than this.

After badgering GP twice a week for a few weeks, I have finally been told that they have posted my Questionnaire back to the DVLA today (21/01/2022) after having received it on the 16th November 2021, 10 weeks ago.

I applied for my licence on the 15/07/21 and I am now on day 193 of the process, just over 6 months ago for a ban that ended on the 12th October. Effectively the DVLA have banned me TO DATE, for an additional 3 months and knowing my luck it will be another 3 months before I get my licence back.

If I hadn't completed the DDA course, then I would be looking at well into 2023 before licence was returned.

This must be one of the slowest processes ever envisaged by the Civil Service. I took lessons and passed my test back in 1982 quicker than this.

Its still progress ! , but im in the same position as yourself. My form was posted back to them on 18 November and I initially applied May 27.

The biggest frustration is just not knowing. If they said you are number 237 in the queue and we do 5 cases a day for example, id be able to tolerate that better compared to the current hanging in limbo, knowing nothing.

The wait is certainly "not reasonable" by any legal definition or reasonable person test. Its infuriating, but at least you know that the medical must have been ok because they wouldn't have written to the GP otherwise. So hopefully if your paperwork is ok is should just be a matter of .....(I hate saying it ) waiting.

Im becoming paranoid checking the DVLA site several times a day myself .

and I agree with you it feels like an extension of the original ban.

One day at a time !

Oh I know the medical was okay. The Doctor let me see what she was writing and I scored 1 on the questionnaire. My CDT was also only 0.30% and I had blood tests in December via my GP for something else that included an LFT. I have been told this was fine.

But as it's a piece of paper mailed back to them God knows how long it will be until they get around to looking at it.
Its still progress ! , but im in the same position as yourself. My form was posted back to them on 18 November and I initially applied May 27.

The biggest frustration is just not knowing. If they said you are number 237 in the queue and we do 5 cases a day for example, id be able to tolerate that better compared to the current hanging in limbo, knowing nothing.

The wait is certainly "not reasonable" by any legal definition or reasonable person test. Its infuriating, but at least you know that the medical must have been ok because they wouldn't have written to the GP otherwise. So hopefully if your paperwork is ok is should just be a matter of .....(I hate saying it ) waiting.

Im becoming paranoid checking the DVLA site several times a day myself .

and I agree with you it feels like an extension of the original ban.

One day at a time !

That's great Luna, some "progress" at last. Your doc took same time as mine - 10 weeks to the day.
I'm still waiting, 11 months since application went in and 6 months for medical department to review.
Good luck!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off