So Far Two 12 month License then a big wait. N.I

Convicted Driver Insurance

Davos

At the end of 2015 I had my License revoked for 12 month after telling a Dr I drank and took Valium at weekends for anxiety.

I received a letter saying something like, due to mixing of alcohol and prescription medication, that may be in my system when driving, they were revoking my License until my parameters were back to normal, with a minimum of 12 months . I also received a Med questionnaire form for the Dr to fill in.

I went to see the Dr, where I handed him the Med questionnaire and told him I was off everything and didn't want to lose my License, he said there was nothing he could do and I just had to go through the process. He also stated I didn't take very much but I had 'raised my head above the para pit'.

I reapplied near the end of the 12 months to get my license back.

After 7 months waiting and phoning, I finally received a letter to take to my Dr to have blood and urine taken and sent to the DVLA.. The receptionist said I didn't need to see the Dr, they would deal with everything. I still hadn't drank or taken anything.

After waiting another two months, I received a letter asking me to make an appointment with a Dr for the DVLA. She asked lots of questions and again, had blood and urine taken. I still hadn't taken anything.

A few weeks later I received a 12 month License. 10 months wait on top of the 12 months revoked.

Towards the end of the 12 months I again received a License renewal reminder and Med questionnaire form to hand in. I called the Dr's to make an appointment, they said I didn't need to see them, I should just hand the forms in, they would fill them out and send ithem off.

A month later I received another 12 month License.

Toward the end of the 2nd 12 months I received a License renewal reminder and Med questionnaire form to hand in. Which I did and was returned to the DVLA two weeks later.

I have now been wailing 6 months for my new licence and every time I phone the DVLA, they keep saying my details are with the Medical department and there is nothing they can do, I just have to wait. Over the last 4.5 years I have been off Drink, meds, I have regular gyming and walking, the fittest and healthiest ive been since I was in my 20's.

Whats the hold up?

Any info welcome!

Hi mate, and welcome to the forum, yeh pain in the arse I'm in the same situation and apparently DVLA can `keep you on a temporary licence for up to six years, just to make sure there are no relapses after this they have to issue a full licence, lucky for you I'm on my 1st temp licence, but obviously we can run on a section 88 while DVLA make a decision to send out a new licence......you can also make a complaint too if your brave enough you will get an answer within 10 days......

I'm not sure I would assume it's related to corona virus I know they're having trouble, but at least you can still drive, HROs on temp licence if it runs out before they've made a decision then they must stop driving, I guess we are in a slightly different boat.....just out of curiosity did you supply liver function tests for both licences ?

I know they took blood and urine on two occasions, but not sure what they did with them.

I know DVLA docs take blood and urine, I'm assuming you had blood and urine with your GP as well (this would be your medical evidence) to prove to DVLA that you are abstaining from the drink and drugs and that you have no abnormal blood markers, but who knows hopefully you'll get a full 10 year licence with a bit of luck.......be something for me to look forward to "an end in sight"

Its a killer mate, I had to wait nearly two years, depressing. How long did the process tkae for you after your 12 months?

It wasn't the waiting so much, it was not knowing when.

Ive only seen my Doctor once right at the beginning of it all, they aren't interested - can hardly see them when ill, never mind trying to see them to tell them I'm well lol.

if they had any issues they would of taken you off the road before now, so good news I think, do keep me posted Dav I am interested in your case as I'm very similar, goodluck mate :)(y)

Crazy, my full license fell through the door on Monday morning. 12 months revoke, 10 months waiting for them to process, x2 12 month license and another 6 months wait. There is a god!!!!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off