Sitting in the passenger seat :-(

Convicted Driver Insurance

Drew B

Well Known Member
It's only a month into my ban and have been the 'passenger' on a few occasions now. I admit I don't like it at all!

Some drivers make me feel very anxious, a very few I am ok with, but mainly there's the '$***, I am not allowed to drive, I miss it, what a numpty'. That's the worst

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these range of emotions? And how to deal with it?

I'm 4 years passed since my ban and honestly I was glad of anyone who didn't mind giving me a lift. I'd never get into a vehicle with anyone I suspected to be over the limit, these have become quite sensitive feelings. I think you need to reconsider these drivers you harbor bad feelings for, they're still driving, you're not. I've been signed off by my doctor numerous times for generalised anxiety disorder. I've been on anti-depressants, beta blockers, sleeping tablets and mild tranquilizers. They're all crutches, it's a problem I've had since childhood but what really helped me was not drinking at all. As well as group sessions and cognitive behavioral therapy. People can help you, don't drink the opportunity away.

It's only a month into my ban and have been the 'passenger' on a few occasions now. I admit I don't like it at all!

Some drivers make me feel very anxious, a very few I am ok with, but mainly there's the '$***, I am not allowed to drive, I miss it, what a numpty'. That's the worst

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these range of emotions? And how to deal with it?

My Missus used to blame me for her bad driving! Going down one way streets/going through red lights/ contantly clipping kerbs she stated she doesn't have these problems when I wasn't there! It got to the stage we only travelled together when necessary and it involved me closing my eyes most the time# we lost a lot of time together we used to spend fun rides /shopping/visiting freinds#
I wasn't being. D### it's just I made her nervious by me being nervious!!

@craig121 , yep that's what's happening to me too - except it's my mother! God her driving makes me nervous - I even do the braking thing with my foot!!!! Then I found out from my dad that I was making her nervous about driving! :-(

I think everyone feels the same, its like having your leg cut off but be grateful you have somebody to give you lifts.

Ive been banned for 14 months and Ive been getting a lift into work from a mate on shifts but have to walk a mile to pickup point - thank god for him.

I have a car share lady who picks me up and drops me off and man she is a very nervous driver but I am grateful for her!!
Just hoping I don’t annoy my friends with cheeky lift requests!!
Bus and trains are ok. Actually enjoying watching programmes on my phone and not stressing about traffic jams.
Roll on Dec 2019 when I can get my licence back though.

@craig121 , yep that's what's happening to me too - except it's my mother! God her driving makes me nervous - I even do the braking thing with my foot!!!! Then I found out from my dad that I was making her nervous about driving! :-(
I got a ticking off for a DR40 but kept my licence. I now drive like Nun. I've not run a red light, tailgated, keep to the speed limit - never overtaken. What I do notice - other drivers tailgating me, swerving, rear headlights out, front headlights out, speeding, not indicating, running red lights etc...What have I learned? Been out several times with friends and family as the designated driver and never had an alcoholic drink. I had lots of heart ache after my penalty and here's the irony. There's no Coppers on the beat anymore and the chances of being pulled after drink driving are slim at best (not for us on here mind)…left the restaurant with my boss (he insisted I have one beer as that's OK) Didn't have a beer...driving my boss home there was a really slow vehicle in front of us on an open road - he said (he'd had a few) go on. take over this car. For one second I thought about it then realised NO...first vehicle to pass us was...a Police car! Am I now a more conservative driver? Probably - but I am so paranoid that I could be pulled over by the Police...not a bad thing if I'm sober.

It seems an increasing number of DD arrests are from member of the public reports or accidents. I have only reported it once, and only because the driver was struggling to keep the car on the road and driving towards a busy town centre.

It was fairly impressive, however the 999 operators work suddenly three police cars appeared and boxed in the driver.

However, I have been behind plenty more drivers who are clearly drink or incredibly inattentive. The percentage chance of being caught must be fairly low.

Medical pending. But ban over Feb 19th 2019. But having the g/f giving me lifts every where in my car was soooooo painfull. Every time I would feel like a complete tit when she drove me around.

But bless her, and why I love her, I’ve never heard the “serves you right’ quip.

Medical pending. But ban over Feb 19th 2019. But having the g/f giving me lifts every where in my car was soooooo painfull. Every time I would feel like a complete tit when she drove me around.

But bless her, and why I love her, I’ve never heard the “serves you right’ quip.
From now to Feb will fly. Sounds like you've done the hard bit, swallowing your pride, compiling to the law / penalty you've been given and your partner helping you through what's been, well, hell. I'm sure it will make you a better driver

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off