Serum gamma gt

Convicted Driver Insurance

Akira

DVLA sent a questionnaire to my doctor's, I had a blood test and only thing abnormal was gamma gt levels @ 88 I think they should be 64.
Do they still go by that

The DVLA cannot use GGT results in order determine a licence , GGT has never been accurate in determining person's alcohol consumption(Why there's not a back log of claims from wrongly accused ggt licences)
But you hold no rights to hold a licence you must satisfy your right to drive and the DVLA is not GOUVERNED
CDT very accurate hence why the DVLA now use this test.
Your results from GGT will include the doctors own input, there's many recorded cases folks passing CDT but still being refused licences due to the doctor's input!! , GGT can be raised for other issues but if your Doctor suspect otherwise your licence may very well be in doubt, ultimately it's your own doctor that you need to satisfy before the DVLA!

Back in 2012 I still have a letter stating your doctor can only act as source of information and will have no input on your licence application!
Things have changed the DVLA want to give doctors more responsibility unsure if this came from Glasgow bin lorry incident or they are just overburdened and move the responsibility

Last edited:
Ty for your reply,
I had a blip back in 2017 and spent 2 nights in hospital due to detoxing myself after a big holiday and going cold turkey.
Since then I have not been drinking, re applied for my licence 2 months ago. DVLA wanted up to date blood test done.
Had a blood test my doctor phone me with results. Stating my ggt was slightly raised, but blood is in the right direction. He simply stated it was now down to DVLA to make a decision.
I have not had any issues for over 18 months. Not needed to see a doctor's or anything. Never been convicted of any driving offence, I was honest and told DVLA of my nights in hospital.

Trying to get time lines off them seems to be a nightmare, my job depends on it.

Blips as you call them are fine;
But detoxifying and dates are a nightmare when so called Professional are involved
Being honest as you have witnessed stirrs the hornets nest! nobody can make that decision but your GP

Last edited:
Your not making sense sorry the DVLA would not ask your own doctor for blood test? Might it be possible you were asked to attend a DVLA practitioner

My last blood test was done in 2017, my doctor called me and recommended I went back to get an up to date blood test for DVLA, sorry I wasn't clear previously. They then carried out the blood test

Still not making sense? The DVLA moved away from ggt 2015 so where's your story really begin

No the doctor's filled out the results h and has sent them in, my doctor rung me after the blood test to tell me results and what he was putting on the form to DVLA
Everything was fine but slightly raised ggt level

Still no sense ? who's taken the blood! Who's dealing with the results.
Your Doctor cannot do a DVLA medical PERIOD! He can now form his opinion but cannot do a dvla MEDICAL

Ok the DVLA informed me they had sent a letter to my doctor's for more information. I left it a few days and spoke to my doctor who stated he had the questionnaire, my doctor requested I come and have an up to date blood test before sending the results back to dvla, I had the blood test my doctor's told me the result and sent the questionnaire back to DVLA. My doctor's feed back to me was everything was fine apart from slightly raised ggt.

If your Doctor gave no general concerns it's highly unlikely the DVLA can use slightly raised GGT as evidence
They may however still request you attend one of there clinics so keep this in mind over the next few weeks

Thanks Craig,
This while thing caught me by surprise. I'm not an expert, but thanks for your patients answering my question

No problem Akira ) it's frustrating when people are trying to be honest an better themselves! but the DVA work from a data sheet there's no involvement with the applicant, that's where your good Doctor might assist
Keep us informed interesting

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off