Section 88

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi All
my licence has not been processed after 1year licence but they have all the paperwork, I have contacted doctor about section 88 I go for blood tests next week I was a bit concerned about the bit that says HRO disqualified after June 2013 I was disqualified 2017. Can anyone advise, if doctor says I'm fit to drive is that all I need
Thanks

Hi All
my licence has not been processed after 1year licence but they have all the paperwork, I have contacted doctor about section 88 I go for blood tests next week I was a bit concerned about the bit that says HRO disqualified after June 2013 I was disqualified 2017. Can anyone advise, if doctor says I'm fit to drive is that all I need
Thanks
If the DVLA have confirmed they all the CORRECT paperwork and your Doctor says you are fit to drive, then you can continue driving until your licence is issued

Hi All
Thanks
Yeah, the wording is confusing by mentioning not being an HRO disqualified after June 2013. It means that you cannot just drive on a S.88 if your licence has not already been reissued once since an HRO ban. If you have had a 1 yr licence, you are no longer an HRO, you are on a medical licence.

Those banned as an HRO need to have their licence reissued before using S.88, where those not HRO can use S.88 straight after their ban has ended.

As long as your GP is fine with you driving, you are good to carry on. Only issues (see other threads on here) may be how your insurer views it as 'technically' your licence shows as expired and therefore 'technically' not valid....

Hi All
Thanks
Hi as long as your temporary licence has run out, you have a completed D1 application with DVLA and your GP has confirmed he is happy for you to continue driving then you are covered by section 88, usually DVLA send out a letter confirmation of 88 so that you can show to the police if stopped as I have

Hi as long as your temporary licence has run out, you have a completed D1 application with DVLA and your GP has confirmed he is happy for you to continue driving then you are covered by section 88, usually DVLA send out a letter confirmation of 88 so that you can show to the police if stopped as I have
Thanks for that much appreciated feel a lot happier. So do I have to wait of letter from DVLA before I go on road or Is doctors ok enough

Unfortunately these days DVLA will NOT send out a ‘letter of entitlement to drive under S88’.
All they will do is point you to the requirements of S88 and say it is for you to ‘make your mind up if you qualify.’

Thanks for that much appreciated feel a lot happier. So do I have to wait of letter from DVLA before I go on road or Is doctors ok enough doctors is enough and everything you've done, as priced mentioned they may or may not send out a letter of section 88, mine was posted out about 2 weeks after my licence run out, you can contact DVLA and ask for confirmation `of section 88

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off