Section 88 query

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello,
My 1yr license ran out 3/9/21, it was originally revoked due to me admitting a drink problem. I'm not a HRO.
I am still abstinent from alcohol and therefore assume I don't have to make an appt with my own DR to confirm this.
I sent my reapplication off 4th July 21. I can see that DVLA are only processing dates before 21st June 21 from their delay details online.
I think I made a mistake by posting it by normal 1st class mail, instead of registered.
Can I assume that they have received my application, therefore Section 88 applies and I can still drive?
Many thanks

Raven

As long as you have done a year on the road after the revoked period, you should be fine using Section 88. I am a HRO on a temporary licence - I will need to do a second medical at some point, but if the process is delayed by the DVLA shenanigans, I too can use the Section 88 legislation if my present licence expires.

Food for thought - I would never send any paperwork via standard post to Swansea HQ - 1. it contains sensitive personal information about ourselves & 2. I simply do not trust anyone employed by the DVLA!!!! As long as you get a Royal Mail signature at the other end via recorded delivery, the DVLA cannot fob you off that they haven't received it!

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off