Second office "in charge of a motor vehicle"

Convicted Driver Insurance

rambo1011

Hi all,
I am new to this and hoping to get some information. I was done for drink driving ban in August 2016 where i blew 70. Got banned for 18 months but it was reduced to 13by doing DDC.

Unfortunately last week i did something really stupid, i was parked on a public road, standing out of the car for a bit but then i sat back down at the drivers seat.
As i was sitting back in my car, i saw the police car pulling up and then being approached by the officer who breathalyzed me and i blew 99.
I been parked up and drinking with my mates but i wasn't driving or had my keys in the ignition.

They took me to police station where i blew 94 on breath sample.

In the morning they did my interview and charged me with "in charge of a motor vehicle" after consuming alcohol.

My court is next month but i do have alot of questions and hoping someone can help me.

I have been reading stuff online, not sure if get a fine only and 10 points or do i get another disqualification. If i do then how long for?

Also would this add me to HFO list.

I can deal with points on my licence and a fine but not really wanting another disqualification.
I have spoken to my solicitor who said you might get disqualification for up to 2 years. But i wont be added to HFO list as the first one was drink driving but this time i been in charge of a motor vehicle where i wasnt driving and it was parked up

Also i blew 94 where i wasn't driving so i should be ok.
Can anyone tell me please whats likely to happen, i been looking online nonstop and i am getting more and more confused.

Thank you all in advance

If you are convicted of an 'in charge' offence then you may well get 10 points and a fine rather than a ban. If you do get a ban it would be 6 months.
You do not qualify for a 3 year ban because this offence is 'in charge' but for DVLA purposes you will be treated as a High Risk Offender and required to take a medical before you get your licence back if you are indeed banned for this offence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off