S88

Convicted Driver Insurance
So you are driving on a section 88 with just a verbal ok from GP
I am just hoping that my conversation was recorded with my GP. If the DVLA didn't have such a backlog we wouldn't be in this situation. It is all so frustrating.

I have been on here nearly 3 years and twice this week i read some were given their yearly medical licence without having to complete a medical. Why would they do that then ask the majority to do one is very strange.

I have been on here nearly 3 years and twice this week i read some were given their yearly medical licence without having to complete a medical. Why would they do that then ask the majority to do one is very strange.

topchippyles

Who knows why these decisions are made? The generally feel I've had from other members on this forum is that those (former) HRO's given a 12 month temporary licence at the conclusion of their ban, have to do a second round of DVLA medical & their GP being contacted (again) the following year.

Once the second DVLA medical is out of the way and the GP's report meets the criteria, then there is a good chance of a longer driving licence (maybe 3 years). There is still a possibility of a second 12 month licence, but this depends on the subject's medical history with alcohol misuse/dependance.

Fast forward three years - I suspect when former HRO's go through the treadmill again for a third time, they generally don't have to do the dreaded DVLA medical and CDT. I think this gets wavered as long as the GP has given them a good up to date report.

It is possible for some people to be extremely unlucky and have to do an annual medical for up to 6 years, with a 12 month licence inbetween. I would say in this scenario, there are maybe other underlining health conditions and you have upset someone at Swansea!

One factor to consider - there are new HRO people coming through the system all the time (probably hundreds every week). If they keep ploughing older HRO's already on the road with further medical's and GP consultation, surely this is adding more work to an organisation that claims they are already over stretched?

That's the way I have applied my logic to this situation, but then again can you associate the words DVLA and logic in the same sentence?

CJ

Also looking at section 88, was a high risk offender due to my reading that was took at the police station all those years ago. Was issued license for a year, then it expired. Am waiting on medical at the moment. Am I clear to drive on section 88 as was proven fit last medical etc? Nothing has changed I am still t total.

Also looking at section 88, was a high risk offender due to my reading that was took at the police station all those years ago. Was issued license for a year, then it expired. Am waiting on medical at the moment. Am I clear to drive on section 88 as was proven fit last medical etc? Nothing has changed I am still t total.
Link below for full guide have a read through and you can decide if you meet the criteria

Section 88 DVLA – A Complete Guide

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off