rights

Convicted Driver Insurance

rodo

hi i committed an offence but at no time was i read my rights does this make a difference help please

Getting read your rights is an American thing, it does not happen in the UK. All the police say is, I'm placing you under arrest for the suspicion of and then the offence. All that you have a right to remain silent etc is American.

Getting read your rights is an American thing, it does not happen in the UK. All the police say is, I'm placing you under arrest for the suspicion of and then the offence. All that you have a right to remain silent etc is American.

I'm unsure if that's fully true though, you do get read a scripted verse or two once arrested, stating that they are placing you under arrest, anything you do say can be used in court etc etc. Whether it's a must, that I'm unsure of.

I've been arrested 3 times and have never been read a script, just "you're under arrest under suspicion of... X" also that you can talk to a solicitor before interview. I was only ever charged once and that was the drink driving offence. Thankfully since quitting drinking I'll never be getting arrested again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off