Ride my moped. Fit to drive. Stop by Police. Please help me.

• Thread starter Deleted member 19430
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 19430

Good afternoon. Couple of days ago I was stopped by the Police on my moped 125cc I was fit to be honest to ride my bike and I was riding my bike as normal. I have just CBT not proper licence. That night I was out for a beer with my close friends after really hard week at work. We had couple of beers. Test for alcohol was under the limit but they done drug test on me as well after the alcohol test, was positive. I was in custody give a blood test finger prints etc etc i was there for around 2 hours maybe. I act very polite and with good manners. Now I am waiting for a result under or over. I never had problems with the law never stop by the Police actually to be honest I am good person as well helping people if I can. Never ride my bike after alcohol or drugs in my past. Sometimes I am taking Tramadol and Gabapentin trying to forget about the pain strugling with that pain for 15+ years but sometimes that is not helping at all thats why I need to use other "pain killers"... I know this is not a excuse for what Ive done but if any other person was struggling with my pain for that many years every day every hour they will try everything to forgot about that kind of pain...

My question is how long that will take to test come back ? Ride a bike and drive a car is the same thing i mean same consequences ? even I was fit to ride and ride as normal ? In court Your Honour will look at my case like any other cases or little bit more indulgently because of my situation in my life and never have problems with the Law ? Can You tell me what are minimum consequences in my case ?

Thank you for help. Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon.

Tests can take up to six months to come back and often do.

A car and a motorcycle would be seen as the same for this offence, yes.

The main thing that will be looked at will be the reading as the level is one of the main factors. The positives of your case will help and will be important to put across.

I hope this helps.
Regards
Martin

I can't afford any solicitor to be honest but can You tell me please (if i can afford it) its better to take any solicitor now or after the results come back to me or free solicitor on my court day is my only option ? Thank You for your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again. One more question when they stop me they should show me the swab test result ? Police officer was using flashlight to check the swab test in his car and he was saying to another police officer "its not showing yet the line on the swab or whatever that was" he was struggling to see the result I think so.

Good morning. Ive got my court date in 3 weeks time and I was wondering it is good idea I can wrote an apology letter and give it to judge on my court date ? If i plead guilty now and call court about that that will change anything in good way maybe or not ? On court date I will have interpretator or free solicitor from court to speak with before I go inside court room ? Sorry for my English grammar. Please answer for my questions.

Regards.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off