Revoked

Convicted Driver Insurance

Prg

Hi ive recently had my licence revoked for a year yet my reading was under the 2.1 cdt.
Ive been getting a 1 year licence for the last 5 years but attended the doctors in feb after a split from my wife. He sent me to addaction we are with you which is stated on the refusal, so i have been attending. So when i apply next year will they refuse it as it will state on my gp record ive had alcohol addiction in the last 12 months( even if i had a zero cdt?

If you are classed as alcohol dependent, you have to demonstrate that you have been alcohol free for at least 12 months Before you get a temporary licence, then follow up medicals need to confirm that you remain alcohol free to get a renewal.
Whilst a zero CDT result is impossible (we all produce some of it, even non drinkers) DVLA look for a reading of below 1.0 to confirm your alcohol free status.
1.6 % CDT is an indicator that your drinking is having some effect on you so yes, below 2.1 IS a problem for you and you will have to get regular checks with your GP and get test results recorded to demonstrate you are not drinking, particularly as you have been on temporary licences for 5 years and have now relapsed.
You will get advice on here from others who have been through the process themselves, and ou can read similar stories elsewhere if you browse through threads. It makes for frightening reading as to the battle you can face in getting your licence back in your situation.

If you are classed as alcohol dependent, you have to demonstrate that you have been alcohol free for at least 12 months Before you get a temporary licence, then follow up medicals need to confirm that you remain alcohol free to get a renewal.
Whilst a zero CDT result is impossible (we all produce some of it, even non drinkers) DVLA look for a reading of below 1.0 to confirm your alcohol free status.
1.6 % CDT is an indicator that your drinking is having some effect on you so yes, below 2.1 IS a problem for you and you will have to get regular checks with your GP and get test results recorded to demonstrate you are not drinking, particularly as you have been on temporary licences for 5 years and have now relapsed.
You will get advice on here from others who have been through the process themselves, and ou can read similar stories elsewhere if you browse through threads. It makes for frightening reading as to the battle you can face in getting your licence back in your situation.
Good morning price 1367 so when I have again my licences will be temporary like 1years etc.????

When you do manage to get a licence then yes, you will be back to temporary licences, probably for 6 years.

Yes, each your you would face medical enquiries with your doctor and then a CDT test from DVLA. That is why you should be visiting your GP and asking him to record that you are not drinking and to have tests done. It probably will not be a CDT test the GP does, they are more likely to do something called a Liver Function Test> (LFT)

Yes, each your you would face medical enquiries with your doctor and then a CDT test from DVLA. That is why you should be visiting your GP and asking him to record that you are not drinking and to have tests done. It probably will not be a CDT test the GP does, they are more likely to do something called a Liver Function Test> (LFT)
I have a family doctor but I never used it

what I have to do in this case I don't even know who the doctor is because I had no problems going to the GP

Well you need to start using one! He sent you to Addaction in February so he must be aware of your problems? And I resume that the DVLA have checked with your doctor in the past when you have applied for a licence and been given a temporary one?

Well you need to start using one! He sent you to Addaction in February so he must be aware of your problems? And I resume that the DVLA have checked with your doctor in the past when you have applied for a licence and been given a temporary one?
my license is full and I didn't take it from this country when I came here I changed it

For the moment I don't now
that's why I don't know how to proceed I have gp but I never used it

All I can say is that you will have to start having regular checks with a GP. If you do not have one, sign up for one as soon as you can when the virus situation quietens down. They ask you who you were last registered with and they then sent for your medical records from your last doctor.

All I can say is that you will have to start having regular checks with a GP. If you do not have one, sign up for one as soon as you can when the virus situation quietens down. They ask you who you were last registered with and they then sent for your medical records from your last doctor.
I have GP but never used it

I'm still registered regularly but I've never been

There is nothing more I can add to the advice I have already given. You saw the doctor in February to be referred to Addaction.
Make an appointment when you can and ask for a check every 3 months on your liver function to go on your records.
the longer you leave it, the longer it will be before you can evidence that you have been alcohol free for a year Which you have to do to stand any chance of even a temporary licence.

Reactions: Prg
Price 1367 thank you so if i hadnt visited my gp the first time about drinking this would have been my last year of temp licence. Youre info has been superb ,so if i keep on with addaction and they have a good report and i regular visit my gp for test or discussing ive not drunk i should be ok to get my 1 year licence from next year. 12 months abstinence ofcourse when i apply. Thank you.

There is nothing more I can add to the advice I have already given. You saw the doctor in February to be referred to Addaction.
Make an appointment when you can and ask for a check every 3 months on your liver function to go on your records.
the longer you leave it, the longer it will be before you can evidence that you have been alcohol free for a year Which you have to do to stand any chance of even a temporary licence.
Ok I will do thanks for your answer

can i apply for my licence while I'm with addiction or would I have to wait until I'm no longer on the course?

You will be classed as alcohol dependant, so they will not entertain you getting your licence back until you can demonstrate 12 months alcohol free. It will not really matter if you are still having therapy, the important bit is alcohol free.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off