Restricted licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lissylou

Hi I just wondered is it normal to have a licence restricted to a year after a Dvla medical. I’m not actually a drink driver but my psychiatrist told the Dvla I drink daily and I lost my licence after having tests at my docs I got my licence back back I now on a yearly renewal. I had this come up a few months ago, had a Dvla medical got my renewed licence but only for a year. I abstained completely from
Alcohol for 21 day days before the test and drank about 1 bottle of wine most days before that. I’ve requested test results from Dvla but as yet am still waiting.

Thanks

Hi I just wondered is it normal to have a licence restricted to a year after a Dvla medical. I’m not actually a drink driver but my psychiatrist told the Dvla I drink daily and I lost my licence after having tests at my docs I got my licence back back I now on a yearly renewal. I had this come up a few months ago, had a Dvla medical got my renewed licence but only for a year. I abstained completely from
Alcohol for 21 day days before the test and drank about 1 bottle of wine most days before that. I’ve requested test results from Dvla but as yet am still waiting.

Thanks

Where there is evidence of historic alcohol dependence, it is normal for the DVLA to issue temporary licences to ensure that you can be monitored periodically to check your normalisation persists.

Where there is evidence of historic alcohol dependence, it is normal for the DVLA to issue temporary licences to ensure that you can be monitored periodically to check your normalisation persists.
Is it possible to go back to a normal licence after a few years do you know?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off