Restricted licence and insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance
Is there any info on the impact of having a 1, 2, or 3 year driving licence issued on insurance?

I can't find anything about this.

Is this to be declared in quotes just as a full uk driving licence held since the origional date the driving test was passed?

Im confused because the restrictions are based on medical grounds but i dont have a dvla reportable medical condition bit are likely to be given a restricted licence for former substance misuse.

What must i tell insurers to avoid cancellation of a policy under a restricted 12 month licence?

Is there any info on the impact of having a 1, 2, or 3 year driving licence issued on insurance?

I have just obtained two quotes via comparison, one stating I have a DVLA reported condition with a 1 year restricted licence, the other without. Price for both quotes were identical.

I can't find anything about this.

Is this to be declared in quotes just as a full uk driving licence held since the origional date the driving test was passed?

Im confused because the restrictions are based on medical grounds but i dont have a dvla reportable medical condition bit are likely to be given a restricted licence for former substance misuse.

What must i tell insurers to avoid cancellation of a policy under a restricted 12 month licence?

Substance misuse is a DVLA reportable medical condition.

Simply answer all questions honestly. The questions posed and corresponding answers for both quotes I obtained were as follows:

Type of Licence:- Full UK Manual

How long have you held your licence? - time since I/you passed test

Do you have any DVLA reportable medical conditions? (Please provide details of any medical conditions that the DVLA considers will affect your ability to drive, or restrict your licence) - Yes (DVLA Aware) 1 year restricted licence on one quote, the other I answered no.

As stated previously, both quotes were identical in price, the only difference was declaring a medical condition with restricted licence on one. Maybe others will respond with their experiences.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off