Reported for drink driving

• Thread starter Deleted member 9105
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 9105

Hi,
I was having lunch and 2 halves of beer after visiting the hairdressers. After leaving a public house I was stopped by a police car. I asked wound my window down and said how can I help. The police officer aggressively said get out of the car. I did. He said it's been reported I have been drinking. I know the person who reported this as they were unecessary unkind when I left this public house and believe they spiked my drink.
I was asked to give a breath test. I said no I would like to see my solicitor. The LARGE aggressive officer assaulted me very badly. A lady witness came to my aid and said you can not treat a woman like that. The younger Pc told her to move on or she would be arrested.
I sustained several injuries. Taken to a police station in immense pain. On arrival I was held in handcuffs in pain whilst the large officer laughed at me. I was processed. I explained I did not think it was necessary to treat a vulnerable adult with mental health whilst on medication and this is why I refused as I thought this would effect the reading. I was taken to a cell and felt very ill. This is when I realised that there is no way two small beers would make me feel so unwell. I had complete panic attack. Chest pains, migraine. The doctor refused to help. I was held 17.5hrs in a cold dirty cell. Given one sanitary towel. One cup of water and no food. Refused my solicitor who establishment work 24/7. At 11am next day I was led to a room and given a handheld phone. It was a duty solicitor apparently. No name asked was I ok. I explained the above he said there are procedures that the large officer failed to do. The doctor failed. The process officer failed to call a qualified mental health doctor. I feel I have been treated very badly. I was not aware of not providing a breath test is an offence as I have never been stopped by a police officer of arrested before or have a criminal offence. I do not exceed the limit 2 halves I believed with a meal this was ok?
On my return home I visited my doctor who viewed and recorded all my injuries. I have had to go to hospital as my knee is so painful being thrown on pavement I can't walk properly.
This happened 3 weeks ago. My solicitors still awaiting paperwork date set 4 weeks from the alledged offence. I have mitigating circumstances and require my car to visit my doctors for my mental health.

Please advise.

Hi,
I was having lunch and 2 halves of beer after visiting the hairdressers. After leaving a public house I was stopped by a police car. I asked wound my window down and said how can I help. The police officer aggressively said get out of the car. I did. He said it's been reported I have been drinking. I know the person who reported this as they were unecessary unkind when I left this public house and believe they spiked my drink.
I was asked to give a breath test. I said no I would like to see my solicitor. The LARGE aggressive officer assaulted me very badly. A lady witness came to my aid and said you can not treat a woman like that. The younger Pc told her to move on or she would be arrested.
I sustained several injuries. Taken to a police station in immense pain. On arrival I was held in handcuffs in pain whilst the large officer laughed at me. I was processed. I explained I did not think it was necessary to treat a vulnerable adult with mental health whilst on medication and this is why I refused as I thought this would effect the reading. I was taken to a cell and felt very ill. This is when I realised that there is no way two small beers would make me feel so unwell. I had complete panic attack. Chest pains, migraine. The doctor refused to help. I was held 17.5hrs in a cold dirty cell. Given one sanitary towel. One cup of water and no food. Refused my solicitor who establishment work 24/7. At 11am next day I was led to a room and given a handheld phone. It was a duty solicitor apparently. No name asked was I ok. I explained the above he said there are procedures that the large officer failed to do. The doctor failed. The process officer failed to call a qualified mental health doctor. I feel I have been treated very badly. I was not aware of not providing a breath test is an offence as I have never been stopped by a police officer of arrested before or have a criminal offence. I do not exceed the limit 2 halves I believed with a meal this was ok?
On my return home I visited my doctor who viewed and recorded all my injuries. I have had to go to hospital as my knee is so painful being thrown on pavement I can't walk properly.
This happened 3 weeks ago. My solicitors still awaiting paperwork date set 4 weeks from the alledged offence. I have mitigating circumstances and require my car to visit my doctors for my mental health.

Please advise.

Taking the view that you had not consumed sufficient alcohol to justify a reading in excess of the legal limit would not be considered a reasonable excuse for refusing to provide a specimen. There appear to be other issues relating to capacity to comprehend procedure arising out of any mental health issues that manifested at that time. If you have a solicitor, these issues will be discussed in more detail than we can on this forum given the limited information we have and the lack of evidence available to review. It may be that how you have been treated had impacted on your mental; health and decision making at the time but that again would require more involved review.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off