Repeat urine test - chain of custody

Convicted Driver Insurance

archforpy

hi all

i had a seizure in 2015 and in 2018 my gp "threatened" to tell the DVLA about the seizure I had as she "suspected I hadnt told them", however I had informed the DVLA at the time and didnt drive for a year as required, I work at home so its not much of a problem, my wife doesn't need to work so could drive me places if needed..

I called the DVLA either way in 2018 and told them again about this, shortly after a process of having to deal with the medical department at the DVLA began.... and after many repeated letters to and from DVLA, I had to do a drug test. This was delayed a few times as the GP they told me to book with 1. didnt have appointments and then 2. they decided to stop doing drug tests for the DVLA.... so eventually they told me another GP to go to and it was finally done a few weeks back.

All went well, did the test, she sealed the two bottles, went through the same forms I already have gone through(and same questions that my actual GP has gone through).

Yesterday I received a letter from the DVLA, obviously hoping that all this situation would be coming to a close, but no, the letter is as follows;

"I refer to the medical examination you attended.

We need you to repeat your urine test with Dr XX at the address given below because unfortunately, the urine sample you supplied at the time of your previous appointment is not acceptable as the chain of custody procedure was not fulfilled."

(I wrote that out as I couldnt find any posts or google results for this letter posted anywhere so hopefully others will be able to find it if needed)

Does anyone have experience with this? What could've happened to my sample?

I'm now worried that they are not very careful with the sample / chain of custody.... I'm worried that someone might mess with my sample or not test it properly or get lost or swapped with someone else's sample if they are not careful and secure with my sample surely this could be possible!

Is this worry warranted? I feel its a bit annoying to have to repeat this test just because they messed up, additionally it will mean I'll have to take another morning/afternoon off work for something they have messed up. How can this even happen? surely they deal with thousands of tests, how can the "chain of custody" not be fulfilled, what does that even mean?

Also this doctor they've told me to do the test with (again) is the same one as the one I did previously.

Can I complain about this somewhere/this whole process has almost been a year now and I just want this over with, its giving me so much worry and of course I don't want to be banned from driving which is my biggest worry about this, now having to repeat my test is giving me major worries about them potentially messing with my sample and me loosing my license for something i haven't done...

Is there anything I can do? I hope there's someone on here who hass gone through this process and dealt with this "chain of custody" thing... can anyone explain the full chain of custody/what could've happened?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, if it is please let me know where I can post this instead, thanks all, I look forward to having some responses..

I just feel like I'm being messed with here, its been almost a year now and they have messed up a few times now and this just seems like the final straw...how can they even loose my sample!!!!

Attachments

• dvlarepeattest.png
    dvlarepeattest.png
    446 KB · Views: 10
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off