Renewing short term licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

LuckyGirl

Hi, does anyone know the process for renewal of a licence? I was a high risk offender and received a 1 year licence after satisfying the medical test and enquiries. When it comes to renewal, will I have to go through the same tests again or will my licence be automatically renewed if no further offences have been committed and my GP has no concerns?

Hi, does anyone know the process for renewal of a licence? I was a high risk offender and received a 1 year licence after satisfying the medical test and enquiries. When it comes to renewal, will I have to go through the same tests again or will my licence be automatically renewed if no further offences have been committed and my GP has no concerns?

I had a one-year licence granted after checks were made with my GP for two years' running. Third time around after checks were made with my GP I received instructions to have a DVLA medical - after which the full licence was restored. I guess the DVLA needs to be satisfied over a period of greater than two years. Not sure if it's mandatory to have the DVLA medical for a non-HRO. Possibly my past records with the GP threw up safety concerns even though he had no concerns himself anymore ?

Bacchus

The answer is a definite: “possibly”...... it depends on how DVLA feel about you, the report from your GP and if they are thinking of giving you a full 10 year licence. (as in the example from Bacchus above) sorry to not be more specific but there seems to be no clear pattern as to how DVLA deal with this.

I had 3 one year licences in a row issued to me & I was nowhere near a motor vehicle when I was hospitalised through too much alcohol. I was made to feel like a criminal & it was a living hell that they put me through. 3 Doctors Medicals just to get a 1 year licence granted each time. This country is a total joke.

I had 3 one year licences in a row issued to me & I was nowhere near a motor vehicle when I was hospitalised through too much alcohol. I was made to feel like a criminal & it was a living hell that they put me through. 3 Doctors Medicals just to get a 1 year licence granted each time. This country is a total joke.

The DVLA have a duty of care to ALL road users. Having a driving licence is not a right, you need to meet their requirements. Instead of blaming the system that is in place to protect other people on our roads perhaps you should blame your alcohol consumption!

This country would be a dangerous place if people hospitalised through excess alcohol consumtion were free to drive without any checks at all. You do not hear people who have suffered epileptic fits or other similar episodes saying they feel like criminals because of having to abstain from driving and then show they are fit to drive. Any medical condition that could have a serious impact on a persons ability to drive safely can and should be thoroughly investigated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off