Reduce sentence after drink and drive ban??

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mihai Petrescu

Hello. I have a driving ban for 17 months after i hit a car and i had 62 at the police station. Is first offence. My question is if i can make a letter to the court and ask to reduce my sentence to 12 months?? And i even finish the course given to me to reduce the sentence. And my job was HGV driver and since the ban i m out of work.

Hello. I have a driving ban for 17 months after i hit a car and i had 62 at the police station. Is first offence. My question is if i can make a letter to the court and ask to reduce my sentence to 12 months?? And i even finish the course given to me to reduce the sentence. And my job was HGV driver and since the ban i m out of work.

No, you must serve at least 24 months of a ban before you can apply to have the ban reduced. Since your ban is less than this you don't meet the criteria. You may find it hard finding HGV work in the 5 years after your ban, many users on this forum have found difficulty.

No, you must serve at least 24 months of a ban before you can apply to have the ban reduced. Since your ban is less than this you don't meet the criteria. You may find it hard finding HGV work in the 5 years after your ban, many users on this forum have found difficulty.
I think you also need to have been banned for 3 years as well.

If your full ban was 17 months, once you have completed the course your ban wont be much more than a year anyway, but as pointed out getting a driving job after a ban is, at best problematic until the ban is spent 5 years after conviction.

If you were disqualified for 4 years or less the minimum period of disqualification you must serve before being able to apply for early removal of disqualification is 2 years. As you were disqualified for 17 months only, you wont be able to apply for early removal of disqualification.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off