recently charged

Convicted Driver Insurance

deanoden

hi there,
I was charged with drink driving last week for the 1st time. I have a clean license and am self employed relying on my van for work. I had a reading of 80. is there anything i can do to help the situation, ie letter of apology, character ref etc?
Many thanks, Dean

Dean,

If you are convicted a disqualification is mandatory and automatic. The Magistrates are likely to ban you for between 17 - 22 months. You may ask, at Court, to be referred to the drink drive referral course. This enables your ban to be reduced by up to 25% and is something that you have to fund yourself.

We have obtained lower bans for people in similar circumstances in the past based on mitigation and character references. It is therefore possible to receive a lower ban if you can persuade the Court to sentence you in this way.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply, how much would you charge to represent me, iam based in harrogate and my court hearing is 9th July at harrogate magistrates.
Thanks dean.

Dean,

In view od the proximity of your Court hearing, I would be prepared to reduce our usual fee from £1000 plus VAT to £750 plus VAT. This would be a fixed fee and there would be no further charges such as travel expenses etc.

I am currently out of Court on 9 July and could travel to Court with you in order to represent you. However, my availability is liable to change on a weekly basis.

From Julie Robertson, of Stephensons.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off