Received license back after 3.5 year ban - for 6 months

Convicted Driver Insurance

Zaka99

Hey folks,

I recently was successful in obtaining my driving licence back after a 3.5 year ban. I was a HRO on a second offence (driving over the limit whilst already on a 3 year ban).

So that’s all good, bloods were good (haven’t drank in almost 3 years) but just looking closely at my new license now it has only been issues for approximately 6 and a half months.

Anyone else experienced this? What’s does it mean - was obviously expecting it back for much longer. No explanation from the DVLA for this and impossible to get hold of them on the phone.

Kind Regards, SG

My thoughts are that you did not submit a new photograph and your old photo was due to expire in 6.5 months time, so they just issued your licence as a continuation of your old one.
It is always worth submitting a new photo as if you get a full licence back, rather than a 1 year medical licence, you then get a full new 10 year licence.

My thoughts are that you did not submit a new photograph and your old photo was due to expire in 6.5 months time, so they just issued your licence as a continuation of your old one.
It is always worth submitting a new photo as if you get a full licence back, rather than a 1 year medical licence, you then get a full new 10 year licence.

Ahhh - this does make sense. For some reason (someone may of told me - can’t recall) I thought that they would use my new passport pic but as you point out correctly the photo on the driving licence is an old one for sure. Probably around nine years or so! Thank you very much for this info.

They would use your passport photo if you filled the section in on the back with your passport details and signed to say they could use that
Photo.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off