Reapplying for driving license after drink drive ban

Convicted Driver Insurance
Their customer support is very good - I’ve never had to wait in a queue and they extended my overseas cover free of charge, which saved me £50 or so. I’ve had some time to read the small print, and there are no clauses which would leave you open to being shafted should anything arise in the future.

Unfortunately, they don’t come in cheapest for the next car I have lined up, which is sad seeing as though they were the ones who got me back on the road stress free and for a reasonable price considering the other options out there.

Performance Direct are another one that I have been with in the past (only as a named driver) who allowed me to be insured fully comprehensive on a 4.2 for only £150 on top of the base quote which seemed almost a bit too good to be true to start with. Coincidentally, PD comes out the cheapest for what I plan to get next.

Please don't go with performance direct, me and a few mates had classics insured with them as they were the cheapest classic provider for NI. 2 had to make claims and they had legal battles trying to get payment. One claim was denied because the car had " non standard brakes," the 110 bhp model had drum rears and the 130 bhp had disc rears. He had the 130 model and it was assessed as the 110 model which was another nightmare to try and get sorted, they dug their heels in that their engineer was correct.

Try sterling insurance, they were the cheapest for me with the second cheapest being first central.

I would settle with 3000 just 7 or 8 is ridiculous I have 2 years driving experience just never had my own insurance before that’s why it’s destressing especially thinking your uninsurable as I thought the whole point of the course is to help with the insurance aswell thank you for your help anyway even though it sounds like I’m not driving again ??‍♀️?

Hi all Waves vaguely Hoped to court case licence back after two years in August DEEP sigh All advice about keeping NCB more than two years please and thank you

Some insurance companies will give you credit for being a named driver on someone else’s insurance. Have you tried an “old fashioned” broker rather than online?
Try Henshalls, they have been good in the past for drink drive convictions. Are you able to evidence being a named driver?
they might also source insurance companies that allow NCD to be carried forward for 3 years rather than the normal 2.
Here is their number:

01952 820 358

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off