Reactions to DR10 Conviction(s) when applying for a job

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have a DR50 from 2017 (after a DR10 in 2014). I have just been offered a job at Royal Mail - whether I had a criminal record or not was not bought up at interview, or on the application form (And I quite definitely did not stupidly put on my CV....) so I never mentioned it.

When they called to offer me the job, after reading the forum I said before we go further, I need to point out about my record. I was told that it did not affect my offer of the job. I was sent a link to fill another form in, this time it did ask about criminal records. I worked a Christmas job with them just after my DR10 in 2014 and this form was the same as I filled in then - It did not affect me, despite them doing a CRB. Obviously if I had not been up front, may have been different....

I will update as to my situation. My DR50 runs out (cleared from driving licence after 4 years in Dec 2021) soon, so hopefully they will see through this.

Mark

I have a DR50 from 2017 (after a DR10 in 2014). I have just been offered a job at Royal Mail - whether I had a criminal record or not was not bought up at interview, or on the application form (And I quite definitely did not stupidly put on my CV....) so I never mentioned it.

When they called to offer me the job, after reading the forum I said before we go further, I need to point out about my record. I was told that it did not affect my offer of the job. I was sent a link to fill another form in, this time it did ask about criminal records. I worked a Christmas job with them just after my DR10 in 2014 and this form was the same as I filled in then - It did not affect me, despite them doing a CRB. Obviously if I had not been up front, may have been different....

I will update as to my situation. My DR50 runs out (cleared from driving licence after 4 years in Dec 2021) soon, so hopefully they will see through this.

Mark
Congratulations Mark.
It's hard enough being out of work at the best of times but with a conviction looming over I can imagine it added some stress.....and relief when you got the job

Reactions: TPR

Mark

Funnily enough Mark

One of my friends, who I haven't seen properly since the start of Covid19, works for the Royal Mail. He's been with them for quite a while and he told me it is really difficult to secure a role as a postal delivery worker with a live DR10 or DR50 on your driving licence. He could be telling me duff info!!!!

I think you've proved anything is achievable with employment if you set your mind to it. Good luck with the new job.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off