Re apply my licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Elijah Banda

I am disqualified for drink drive, not high risk offender, but the court did not tell me to re do my driving test, do they tell you straight away?, received a letter to say re new your license before your ban ends to start driving straight away.

Thanks Elijah

You do NOT have to resit your test after being banned for drink driving, unless the court orders it.
This would normally be in a case where the driver is quite old and had an accident, or sometimes a very new driver.
In the first 2 years after passing your test you get 6 points or more then you have to resit your test, but drink driving carries NO points, just a straight ban so this does not apply either.
The only exception to this is if you are banned for drink driving in Northern Ireland, where everyone has to resit their test.
56 days before your ban ends, DVLA will write to you with an application form to start the process of getting your licence back. They write to the address which is on your licence so if you have moved it will not arrive. You can get a Form D1 from the Post Office to make an application as well.

One thing I noticed is that getting a D1 form, the cost is £90, but on the form sent by the DVLA it's £65

The cost is the same, whichever form you use. £65 for a normal application, but £90 if you are a high Risk Offender.

Dvla have sent a medical questionnaire to my GP, he has fiilled it out i have seen it and he says than ive been dependent on alcohol in the past 3years is it controled he put no,...i have never been dependent on alcohol, but he has put that in the last 3years have i missed used alcohol or been dependent on drugs he put no which is ture,,, what will happen

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off