re apply for full licence after having 1 year medical licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alikins

I was given my licence back for 1 year initially it expires in March but have not heard anything back from DVLA I sent the paperwork off 2 weeks ago and cannot get hold of them by telephone, I am primary carer for my elderly mother and need my licence to allow me to get to her in an emergency, I have not had a drink in 4 years and I continue to stay abstinent as this is the most important thing for me to do, How do i get in touch with the medical group to find out about the progress of my application

With only 2 weeks elapsed since you sent the application in, it will not be opened for a while yet, I believe they are just about starting on applications from the beginning of November at the moment………

I was given my licence back for 1 year initially it expires in March but have not heard anything back from DVLA I sent the paperwork off 2 weeks ago and cannot get hold of them by telephone, I am primary carer for my elderly mother and need my licence to allow me to get to her in an emergency, I have not had a drink in 4 years and I continue to stay abstinent as this is the most important thing for me to do, How do i get in touch with the medical group to find out about the progress of my application
Is it not possible to drive under Section 88 when this current licence expires?
If you meet ALL the conditions then you should be.Did you / have you received any letter any letter to say that you may be?.
The criteria is available online and a call to dvla would confirm this or not.
You would also need to notify your insurance company and enquire whether they would cover you whilst under S88.
Due to the backlog it will more than likely your application will take months therefore you need to be prepared for the S88 if you qualify / fit all parts of the criteria.
As Price said, your application will probably not even have been opened yet.

With only 2 weeks elapsed since you sent the application in, it will not be opened for a while yet, I believe they are just about starting on applications from the beginning of November at the moment………
My husbands went in in jan 22/22 they have received and looked at it ,
Unfortunately they are saying his other lisence is not valid .

My husbands went in in jan 22/22 they have received and looked at it ,
Unfortunately they are saying his other lisence is not valid .
Sorry, what do you mean 'his other licence?' Do you mean the one that has just expired?

Sorry, what do you mean 'his other licence?' Do you mean the one that has just expired?
Hi
Husband got his 1 year licence in April last year. We then moved
In October whilst at work someone contacted the police as his ladders were on rail track land .
He gave his name and address but it didn't correlate with their records he explained and they said please get it changed.
Forms sent off few days later, with the fee as he wanted to update photo which was due to expire soon.
This form returned as he did not enclose lisence , reposted it .
Then thought in jan best get medical license ball rolling . Requested the forms and they sent them out but to our old address , despite the day to day enquires having new adress
Filled in forms , sent off etc.
Letter yesterday to say yes got it but he needs to apply for a driving licence as according to their info his current one is invalid .
Checked on web site and it's still valid, he has to contact them tomorrow morning .
Trouble is medical division and normal day to day lisence are in different areas.

Hi
Husband got his 1 year licence in April last year. We then moved
In October whilst at work someone contacted the police as his ladders were on rail track land .
He gave his name and address but it didn't correlate with their records he explained and they said please get it changed.
Forms sent off few days later, with the fee as he wanted to update photo which was due to expire soon.
This form returned as he did not enclose lisence , reposted it .
Then thought in jan best get medical license ball rolling . Requested the forms and they sent them out but to our old address , despite the day to day enquires having new adress
Filled in forms , sent off etc.
Letter yesterday to say yes got it but he needs to apply for a driving licence as according to their info his current one is invalid .
Checked on web site and it's still valid, he has to contact them tomorrow morning .
Trouble is medical division and normal day to day lisence are in different areas.
Seem like a real mess from the DVLA.

All you wanted was an address change. That should have been simple to do but with Covid, everything has slowed down.

You can be fined up to £1,000 for this, but I can't find anywhere saying it invalidates your licence.

I would get back onto them no matter how long it takes and get this sorted. I appreciate you may have been doing this, but the DVLA are the only ones that can fix the mess.

Seem like a real mess from the DVLA.

All you wanted was an address change. That should have been simple to do but with Covid, everything has slowed down.

You can be fined up to £1,000 for this, but I can't find anywhere saying it invalidates your licence.

I would get back onto them no matter how long it takes and get this sorted. I appreciate you may have been doing this, but the DVLA are the only ones that can fix the mess.
He is going to today when he can get thru.
He hadn't changed it hoping he could do it all the same time as his medical forms etc but the police stopped him.

I've had same issue sent mine off it sept , kept old lisence had I had interview coming up and needed I'd , got form returned then resent but it took from sept to end of feb to get it back and all I needed was new pictures .
I had no letter to tell me I needed to replace it , it was only in the summer I was joining a nursing agency and they noticed it

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off