R plates after re doing test!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi does anyone know after losing licence and resitting the test do You have to shows r plates. Northern ireland. Thanks in advance.

The wording of the order is unclear, as it talks about the restriction “after passing a driving test” so I can see where the confusion arises.
The best way to look at this is in the discussion when the order was passed through Parliament and debated. In the Lords, this was the explanation:

“Finally, the order modifies Northern Ireland's restricted driver provisions. As these provisions are unique to Northern Ireland, I shall explain these changes in some detail. Since 1968, the law in Northern Ireland has required newly qualified drivers to display "R" plates on any vehicle they are driving and they are restricted to a maximum speed of 45 mph. These restrictions apply for a period of 12 months after passing a driving test. In calculating the 12 month period of restriction, any period of disqualification is ignored so that the restricted period will not end until the driver has completed a full 12 months' driving experience under restriction.”
https://api.parliament.uk/historic-...r/07/road-traffic-new-driversnorthern-ireland

So from that it seems clear that it relates to 12 months of driving after passing your first test, so the only way you would need the R plates is if you were banned less than 12 months after passing your FIRST test, in which case you would have to display the R plates until the full 12 months driving has elapsed. If you were banned more than 12 months after you first passed your test than there is no such requirement.
Hope that helps......

I know someone who had to 're do their test and they'd to keep the R plates up again after they passed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off