Quick Quiz Alcohol units lets see

Convicted Driver Insurance

craig121

Established Member
started 6.14pm Sunday had 8 Lagers 5.3% then 6 fast Tequila shots, 1 btl wine 14.5%, 2x100ml Baileys night cap! finished @ 2359 Sunday what time can I safely drive , this is not actual and NO price you cannot comment with an answer!
Its important to understand units plus % am not a preacher but how many of us ever count or bothered to care, our class agreed everysingle person thats drank Alcohol regular has @ atleast DD once in there life even if they were unaware?

The most alarming thing for me was when on the Awareness course they said hardly anyone knows what an actual unit is! they asked a panel of judges and top policeman on an awareness meeting and out of the room only 3 answered correctly and these are the people that police & judge DD , and even they were unaware of what 1 unit was

Last edited:
One unit per hour I think and this is released through sweat breath urine lol
You answer correctly the rate the liver matabol alcohol(but remember could be 10% either way of 1 hour), however not the actual question asked! *what is 1 unit of Alcohol
do not google or Alexa and more importantly what time can I safely drive

Last edited:
Well personally what you have mentioned Alcohol wise I wouldn't risk driving until late Tuesday maybe Wednesday. You can buy breathlizers in Halfords might invest in one!!!

Well personally what you have mentioned Alcohol wise I wouldn't risk driving until late Tuesday maybe Wednesday. You can buy breathlizers in Halfords might invest in one!!!

Sorry Bonnie I need an exact time but Tues or Wed FAB , I have commitments I cannot wait 2 days! I need to be somewhere on Monday!, remember this in non actual but quiz I do not need a breathlizer lol I drink very very rarely its just a question! Breathalizers are great dont get me wrong! but if I had a commitment what time could I drive without blowing breathlizer

One unit of alcohol is half a pint??? Wrong sorry Bonnie

Last edited:
started 6.14pm Sunday had 8 Lagers 5.3% then 6 fast Tequila shots, 1 btl wine 14.5%, 2x100ml Baileys night cap! finished @ 2359 Sunday what time can I safely drive , this is not actual and NO price you cannot comment with an answer!
Its important to understand units plus % am not a preacher but how many of us ever count or bothered to care, our class agreed everysingle person thats drank Alcohol regular has @ atleast DD once in there life even if they were unaware?

The most alarming thing for me was when on the Awareness course they said hardly anyone knows what an actual unit is! they asked a panel of judges and top policeman on an awareness meeting and out of the room only 3 answered correctly and these are the people that police & judge DD , and even they were unaware of what 1 unit was

Assuming your liver hasn't exploded or you aren't in an alcohol induced coma :):

No Googling for info so I may be a little out but erring on the side of caution and assuming the lager is pints.

Around 3 units per pint of lager. 1 unit in a Tequila shot. Probably 12 units in the bottle of wine and 2 units in each of the Baileys.

Coming in at around 46 units in total. Round it up to 50 in case the shots are a little generous I'd say you probaly shouldn't be anywhere near a car until about 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

Calculating unit effects isn't an exact science although a unit is a precise value of 10ml of alcohol (pure). Gender, build, food consumed and alcohol tolerance all play a part in how long it takes for the body to process a unit.

Taking these into account you may even be best waiting until Wednesday morning.

Sorry Bonnie I need an exact time but Tues or Wed FAB , I have commitments I cannot wait 2 days! I need to be somewhere on Monday!, remember this in non actual but quiz I do not need a breathlizer lol I drink very very rarely its just a quest ion! Breathalizers are great dont get me wrong! but if I had a commitment what time could I drive without blowing breathlizer

One unit of alcohol is half a pint??? Wrong sorry Bonnie

Well you use public transport or don't drink at all. Quite easy really!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off