Query concerning one-year license

Convicted Driver Insurance

antihawk

I received a one-year license a few days ago after my medical inquiry finally concluded. Of course I am happy to be back on the road. However, the DVLA stated that they will assess my fitness to drive again when I reapply. My question is: what process do they make you go through? Do they make you retake the medical? What are peoples' experiences with this sort of thing?

It depends on what they felt were the reasons for a restricted licence. They may want a further medical (free for you) or they may simply be happy with getting you to fill out a questionnaire and writing to your GP. I would do the same procedure as for a HRO application and send a D1 (from the post office) 90 days before your licence is due to run out.

Hi year one I had the usual medical like yourself. Year two just the questionnaire and writing to your gp. Year three which i'm in the process of now a medical was required again, this was taken on 20 feb and still not had anything back (very frustrating can't hire a car without my licence) but i'm not worried as i have not drank for almost 3 1/2 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off