Providing sample

Convicted Driver Insurance

Cris

I attended a medical in January where the dr. made a poor attempt at taking a blood sample. He said he could not do it. I told him I had no problem with him trying again . He said there was not a problem and that he would speak to dvla. which he did. He had no suspicions of me being alcohol dependent.
Dvla put me in the category of needing further enquiries.
They contacted my GP, who in completing his questionnaire told them I had been treated for substance misuse 40 years ago. I have been drug free since then and worked until my retirement in substance misuse services up to managerial level, including developing substance misuse programs within the prison system. With full medical clearance.
I was the sent for a further medical where I gave a urine sample. I have been told by dvla that this, supervised sample is to dilute. ie I had consumed to much liquid. I had only had a cup of coffee at 7.30 and then a small pot of tea around 9.30. My sample was taken at 12.30 pm.
I have now been told that I have to return for another sample and that I must return to the same doctor.
That dr. has no appointments for a month.
I applied for my licence back at the end of Nov 2018. My 12 month ban expired on Feb 23rd 2019.
I am a 68 year old woman who lives alone in a small village, with only a very occasional bus. ( school times) My licence means I can continue with my life.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to satisfy the DVLA than to comply with the testing. Any written representations are extremely unlikely to be considered by the DVLA prior to you submitting a further sample and there is certainly no guarantee that they would be successful in any event. My advice is, unfortunately, to wait until the next test and provide a further sample.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off