Probation Meetings

Convicted Driver Insurance

techra

Hi there
My question is about the face to face probation meetings, I was originally sentenced for HRO offence and received a 12 week suspended sentence, for this I have had 12 weeks face to face meetings. This sentence caused me to lose my job and have to move out of my home, I attended the 12 weeks of meetings despite travel expensive travel costs and logistical issues due to having to rent out my accommodation. I have now received a second sentence for an offence that happened before the first offence (due to a bit of a court mix up) and am required to do another 12 weeks face to face as it has been 'entered' onto the system as a separate offence. For this offence I received a community order as they dealt with it as my first offence. I am now getting my life back on track and have secured employment which means a 5:30 am with a 8:30 pm finish as I live in a rural area with very little public transport. once the probationary period is done I will move closer as it's a good job. My probation meetings are therefore almost impossible to get too, but my RO doesn't work weekends and I am also a carer. I am trying to negotiate my way back which is requiring hard work but my RO says my employer should give me a day off per week to attend the meeting (job in London/ live elsewhere) but my employer doesn't know as my previous references felt I had been harshly dealt with and gave me a good work reference (that job required a driving licence). I haven't mentioned it to my employer as they didn't ask, it's not part of their process and I don't require a licence and it doesn't affect my job. Long post but any advice, can my RO tell my employer as they shay I should have volunteered the information. regards

It is unusual for a probation officer to contact your employer unless they need to verify you work there. There is not necessarily an obligation for you to report this to your employer but logistically there may be no other way around it. Failing to comply with a probation requirement can have a serious impact on your suspended sentence to the extent that any prison sentence could be activated. My advice is to comply with the requirements of your probation requirements.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off