Private CDT

Convicted Driver Insurance

pjh1

Hi I intend to apply for early return of my licence in March 2021 . My original ban was 36 months for refusing to supply a specimen of breath and 2nd offence within 10 years .

My question is would along with other contributing factors a private Medicare CDT be of benefit in my application ?
I could take one 6 months before and one just prior to application as extra proof of not just abstaining for a few weeks or just take one prior to application ?

I am not a heavy or frequent drinker and will have absolutely no problem in passing the check .

I intend to represent myself in court or would a solicitor be advisable ?

Thanks and good luck to all in similar circumstances .

Just because you are not drinking is not a reason for the court to consider reducing your ban early so a private CDT test is irrelevant . According to gov.uk website ;

You can ask the court to reduce your disqualification period after you’ve been banned from driving for:
  • 2 years - if the disqualification was for fewer than 4 years
  • half the disqualification period - if it was for at least 4 but under 10 years
  • 5 years - if the disqualification was for 10 years or more
You must have a good reason for asking for the disqualification to be reduced. For example, if you think the court made a legal mistake or there were reasons you committed the driving offence that the court did not take into account.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off