Possibly 3rd DD

Convicted Driver Insurance

Charly

I stupidly agreed to a friend of a friend to drive 3 of us back from a nightout, (We was going to just get a cab), the driver had not been drinking so thought why not, he then crashed trying to avoid some animal in the road, (it was a minor accident) then when I asked him to pull over he ran of with the keys to the car, several moments latter, the police turn up and take me away for DD, the other passenger filtered off when he heard the police coming too.

I tell them the history, to cut long short, its been 4 months i have not been charged, due to go in this week, problem is I dont know where the driver lives, and all others are avoiding me as they dont want to get involved. Good friends hey! NOT.

The good thing is I have a independant witness who saw who drove the car from where it was parked, and also that I only had a key which only worked the door lock to the car, and doesnt start it.

Really dont know if I'll be charged but its going to be the 3rd time if it does. First time i got a year ban and 2nd time a 3 year ban. Both times i was marginaly over the limit. Even though I should be ok and not charged, if justice is done, what do you think I'm facing if im charged and convicted. My reading was 72.

I stupidly agreed to a friend of a friend to drive 3 of us back from a nightout, (We was going to just get a cab), the driver had not been drinking so thought why not, he then crashed trying to avoid some animal in the road, (it was a minor accident) then when I asked him to pull over he ran of with the keys to the car, several moments latter, the police turn up and take me away for DD, the other passenger filtered off when he heard the police coming too.

I tell them the history, to cut long short, its been 4 months i have not been charged, due to go in this week, problem is I dont know where the driver lives, and all others are avoiding me as they dont want to get involved. Good friends hey! NOT.

The good thing is I have a independant witness who saw who drove the car from where it was parked, and also that I only had a key which only worked the door lock to the car, and doesnt start it.

Really dont know if I'll be charged but its going to be the 3rd time if it does. First time i got a year ban and 2nd time a 3 year ban. Both times i was marginaly over the limit. Even though I should be ok and not charged, if justice is done, what do you think I'm facing if im charged and convicted. My reading was 72.

Hi,

Have you been back to the police station yet? Your case sounds complex, if you are charged then you definitely need to hire a solicitor. As for what sentence you receive if you get convicted, it is hard to say. Depends on the period of time since your previous convictions amongst other things.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off